TravelTalkOnline

Next visit

Posted By: garymoe

Next visit - 02/16/2015 12:36 PM

As I am sitting here in southern Maine, getting ready for work, with temps below zero, and more snow than I have ever seen, the only thing that keeps me same is we are less than a month until our trip to SXM. I have lost count of what visit this is. Must be nine or ten. Every year we try to visit a new area. Anse Marcel is an area we have never been. I would appreciate some info, how to get there ( we are familiar with Marigot, Friar's etc if that is the direction you would take from Simpson's Bay) beach facilities, etc.
Thanks to everyone who shares their favorite restaurant, beach, shopping etc. We will be staying three weeks this year. Lots of time to try new restaurants, etc. can't wait!!
Posted By: davew

Re: Next visit - 02/16/2015 04:48 PM

Like you, we are digging it out in Maine, and will be in SXM in a short while for our 14th trip. Anse Marcel is easy to get to. From Simpson's head to Grand Case. Keep going as if to Orient but take a left (270 turn) at the first rotary after GC. From there straight ahead and follow signs to Anse Marcel. The hill is steep, up and down but the view from the top is breath taking. Once at AM, you can explore the beach, dining places and marina. Enjoy. Of course the best places to dine are in Grand Case, take you pick. We always stay on the French side near Orient and really know nothing about the Dutch side. There is a special little place for dinner just off the road to Anse Marcel called Il Taitu, there is a sign for Mt. Vernon; you'll pass Il Taitu before getting to MV. It is run by the owner and has little pretention but nice food. It is always one of our musts.
Dave
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Next visit - 02/16/2015 04:57 PM

You might check out this thread for some more info regarding Anse Marcel.
Posted By: Ritchard

Re: Next visit - 02/16/2015 05:04 PM

I will be arriving tomorrow (!!!) and will confirm directions smile
Posted By: garymoe

Re: Next visit - 02/17/2015 09:11 PM

Thanks for your replies. We will definitely visit AM and try the restaurant. Counting the days until we leave this frozen tundra!!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline