TravelTalkOnline

New Simpson Bay Causeway to OB

Posted By: sxmbeachlover

New Simpson Bay Causeway to OB - 03/08/2015 11:18 AM

Wow, the new causeway is pretty awesome. Makes for an easier drive from the airport to OB. We didn't know about it until this trip! Thanks to the Hertz people for pointing this out.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: New Simpson Bay Causeway to OB - 03/08/2015 01:18 PM

It is great, yes. Surprised you hadn't heard about it, as it has been talked about a lot here.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: New Simpson Bay Causeway to OB - 03/08/2015 01:42 PM

And in use for well over a year now. It opened in Dec. 2013. Going to cross it shortly!
Posted By: EdB

Re: New Simpson Bay Causeway to OB - 03/08/2015 06:54 PM

I am going to be crossing it shortly also...only SIX days till our arrival. The causeway without a doubt, has been one of the few ''bright spots'' added to SXM in years and years. It has cut the traffic problems immensely, it looks absolutely fabulous...especially at night...and it has cut time almost in half to get to the ''other side''.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: New Simpson Bay Causeway to OB - 03/08/2015 09:28 PM

And I remember all the posters on this board that thought it was a bad idea and a waste of money before it was built.
Posted By: Ellen777

Re: New Simpson Bay Causeway to OB - 03/08/2015 09:48 PM

This trip, I am seriously considering taking the public ferry to Anguilla, I have heard so many good things about the new bridge and how fast it is to get to Marigot.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: New Simpson Bay Causeway to OB - 03/08/2015 10:01 PM

Today it was a breeze but it was Sunday. Only real traffic issue we faced was some construction outside of Marigot and on the way to Loterie Farm. Going to the ferry terminal would not have been impacted by this.
Posted By: Iloveflipflops2

Re: New Simpson Bay Causeway to OB - 03/09/2015 12:41 PM

We haven't been to St. Martin since 2000 so We are looking forward to taking the bridge back and forth!
Posted By: kccouple

Re: New Simpson Bay Causeway to OB - 03/09/2015 07:28 PM

SXM has changed a lot since 2000.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline