TravelTalkOnline

The Dream Pool Bar

Posted By: funsue

The Dream Pool Bar - 03/19/2015 10:14 AM

Ive been reading about this bar called The Dream Pool Bar. I guess its located in Maho. Has anyone ever been there? Is it worth it? Where is it and where do you park?
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: The Dream Pool Bar - 03/19/2015 10:44 AM

The Dream Pool Bar is located in the Alegria (formerly Caravanserai) resort. It is run by Marty and Lori, and is definitely worth going. You park right in the Alegria parking lot and walk through the lobby of the hotel to the pool area. The best time to go is around sunset, when the views are just fabulous.
Posted By: DblJ369

Re: The Dream Pool Bar - 03/19/2015 07:21 PM

Is it near the Sunset Beach Bar and Café? We are headed there to watch the planes come in on our trip next month, but wanted to go to Dream afterwards for drinks and sunset. Thanks!
Posted By: january

Re: The Dream Pool Bar - 03/19/2015 07:30 PM

You go past the Sunset Bar and Grill through the archway and on to the Alegria resort. Go inside past reception and out to the pool. It is on the far right hand end of the pool. Have a great time.

Re: The Dream Pool Bar - 03/19/2015 07:30 PM

Yes. If you are standing at SSB&G, facing the ocean, look to your left. You'll see a large archway, which is the entrance into the Alegria resort.
Posted By: sailbynight

Re: The Dream Pool Bar - 03/19/2015 07:39 PM

The Views? Which way does it look? I thought the views were of the big old incomplete buildings?
Posted By: San

Re: The Dream Pool Bar - 03/19/2015 07:44 PM

Definitely look to the right for the great sunsets and don't dare look to the left - it's very depressing.

Re: The Dream Pool Bar - 03/19/2015 07:54 PM

Have you ever been there? The sunset views are absolutely phenomenal from The Dream Pool Bar. Why be so negative?
Posted By: DblJ369

Re: The Dream Pool Bar - 03/19/2015 08:08 PM

Thank you!
Posted By: San

Re: The Dream Pool Bar - 03/19/2015 10:54 PM

I've been there since 2003 until use of our timeshare unit was voided this past October. Like I said, the sunsets are beautiful and Marty's bar is fun. But don't look to the left unless you want your piece of paradise ruined by two huge concrete buildings with weeds and debris all around staring back at you.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline