TravelTalkOnline

Catholic Churches in Marigot and Grand Case

Posted By: cathym

Catholic Churches in Marigot and Grand Case - 04/03/2015 07:29 PM

Hi - I know there are churches in both locations but can't find mass times for these - only for the churches on the Dutch side. Does anyone know where I can locate the times?

Thanks...Cathy
Posted By: RI Bob C

Re: Catholic Churches in Marigot and Grand Case - 04/03/2015 09:41 PM

Don't know the times, but if you are going to Easter mass in Marigot go very early and expect a packed house. Mass will be said in French and English so you will be there a while. The locals will be dressed in their finest regalia.
A wonderful memory.
Posted By: kbd

Re: Catholic Churches in Marigot and Grand Case - 04/04/2015 12:34 AM

Grand Case was at 8:45 a.m. last Feb. It's always nice to attend mass there with the locals.It's not a large church and always is full so plan to get there early...
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Catholic Churches in Marigot and Grand Case - 04/04/2015 01:09 PM

There's also a Catholic church at the curve just beyond Poulet D'Orleans restaurant. Can't remember name of road nor of the church. It's the road that goes toward theFrench side---the one that you take a right to go to Pinel Ferry dock.

Maybe someone else here knowns name.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Catholic Churches in Marigot and Grand Case - 04/04/2015 01:15 PM

Also---a few years back we couldn't get into the church in P'Burg so we stood outside on back street with the crowd and you could hear Mass and a priest came outside to give communion.
Posted By: cathym

Re: Catholic Churches in Marigot and Grand Case - 04/04/2015 07:36 PM

Thanks - I'll give them a call when we arrive to confirm but plan on 8:45 in Grand Case.
Posted By: jerber160

Re: Catholic Churches in Marigot and Grand Case - 04/04/2015 08:22 PM

RonDon said:
Also---a few years back we couldn't get into the church in P'Burg so we stood outside on back street with the crowd and you could hear Mass and a priest came outside to give communion.
I'd like that.. that's a sweet little church!
Posted By: DICKG

Re: Catholic Churches in Marigot and Grand Case - 04/04/2015 08:41 PM

Mass in Grand Cass is 8:45 but may start at 9:00 or around that time we go there twice a year when we are on the island and would not miss it . Just a lovely Mass and the locals are just so warm and friendly
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline