TravelTalkOnline

car rental

Posted By: jimisue

car rental - 04/16/2015 07:24 PM

It has been 10 yrs since I have been to st martin and can't remember who I used for car rental. I got great suggestions from this travel talk site. Can anyone suggest a car rental agency. Rented a condo near the airport on simpson bay so would like a rental nearest to airport. thanks
Posted By: spiker

Re: car rental - 04/16/2015 08:38 PM

Triple A Alain Arnell. I've been using him for a few years - good price and good people. He's also a sponsor.
Posted By: Chuck_Morton

Re: car rental - 04/16/2015 10:03 PM

Yep, Been using Alain at Triple A for maybe 15 years and always very happy. Local guy and runs a great business. With so many choices I remain loyal because of the way he treats his customers.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: car rental - 04/16/2015 10:58 PM

One more vote for Alain. We switched to him several years ago after a bad experience with another agency (that has since gone out of business). His cars are reliable, his service is excellent, and his rates are competitive.
Posted By: EdB

Re: car rental - 04/16/2015 11:14 PM

and another vote for Alain at AAA. Just returned a week and a half ago. Been using him/them for over five years now.
Posted By: DrDoug

Re: car rental - 04/16/2015 11:36 PM

Be sure and check out Lesley Bruce, aka Kenny's, a sponsor of TTOL.
Once I found him, I've never looked anywhere else.
You're in your car at the airport and off in a few minutes.
I know all on this board have their favorite, but Lesley is mine.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: car rental - 04/17/2015 01:09 AM

I've been using Hertz SXM for the last 14+ years. Locally owned and good prices. Renting a Corolla in May from them for 175 a week. All taxes and fees included along with the free included liability insurance. They also give you a GPS to use free if you need it.
Everybody has their favorites. Do a search for more recommendations as this has been discussed many times.
Posted By: Bahston

Re: car rental - 04/17/2015 03:02 AM

Support those who support TTOL. Check the Sponsors page, and email 'em all, asking for an all-in price including all taxes and fees. Go to the link below and scroll down to the SXM Sponsors section.

http://www.traveltalkonline.com/docs/sponsors.html
Posted By: macsam

Re: car rental - 04/17/2015 04:26 PM

We have been renting from Unity (a TTOL sponsor) for years and have been very satisfied.
Posted By: sunmantwo

Re: car rental - 04/17/2015 04:39 PM

Give Empress a call, Marvin will go out of his way to make you happy. They are also a sponsor here.
Posted By: LINNY

Re: car rental - 04/18/2015 12:43 AM

We like Travel Rent a Car
Posted By: caribmichael

Re: car rental - 04/18/2015 02:28 AM

I would like to suggest Leisure Car Rental- have used the last 3 years- very close to the airport. Great service and very good prices.
Posted By: bigkahona

Re: car rental - 04/18/2015 12:22 PM

I have been using triple A for the last 15 years Alain and Myra are the best.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline