TravelTalkOnline

St. martin Weather January?

Posted By: chiaoo

St. martin Weather January? - 06/08/2015 03:06 PM

how is the weather overall in January?
Posted By: sxmdoc

Re: St. martin Weather January? - 06/08/2015 03:13 PM

Slightly cooler air temps., slightly cooler water, slightly windier than typically throughout the year. Overall, weather in January in SXM is
like it is all year....good. --sxmdoc
Posted By: JohnandBev

Re: St. martin Weather January? - 06/08/2015 03:43 PM

chiaoo said:
how is the weather overall in January?

Hi, not sure what your frame of reference is. For us we have gone in March and for the last 3 yrs late Jan into Feb. Have not felt a big difference in ocean temp, except pools seem a little cooler earlier in the yr, but not really an issue.
Orient can be windy but found no difference between the times we have been. Though I’ve read here that winds over Xmas and into early Jan can stronger
We travel wearing a light pile jacket for the plane, our thinking is it could double as an evening cover when on island, but we have never had to use them.
Hope that helps
J&B
Posted By: sxmojo

Re: St. martin Weather January? - 06/09/2015 12:08 AM

We have visited in May,October and January many different years. We now consistantly go after the Christmas holiday for new year's as it work best for our work schedules and can stay for 2 weeks. In January, the breezes can be a bit stronger & cooler and when the sun goes behind the clouds it can be chilly but not always. I always have a light long sleeve cover in the beach bag just in case. I am also someone who tends to get chilly! Regardless it is alway in the 80's and glorious! much better than the mid-Atlantic that we are escaping from.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline