TravelTalkOnline

Beaches

Posted By: ktziff

Beaches - 06/13/2015 01:10 AM

Looking for a recommendation for a weekend beach/beaches- I understand that locals frequent many beaches on the weekend - looking for clean/calm with decent facilities that is not as busy on the weekends. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Also, FYI, no seaweed at Royal Palm/Simpson Bay in the 28 hours that we've been here. Passing showers last night and this afternoon.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Beaches - 06/13/2015 01:26 AM

Anse Marcel!

Re: Beaches - 06/13/2015 02:03 AM

Excellent! Any beachside casual lunch places there as well?

Re: Beaches - 06/13/2015 02:15 AM

As you are facing the water, on the very left is an upscale beach bar/restaurant with excellent food. There may be a more casual place in the middle of the beach, but I didn't go down there when I was at that beach a couple of days ago.

Anse Marcel - 06/13/2015 02:26 AM

Thanks for the rec on AM beach Jazzgal. Does anyone else have any good recommendations for a more casual beach restaurant for lunch over the weekend on Anse Marcel beach? Thanks.

Re: Anse Marcel - 06/13/2015 02:33 AM

It's not a big beach, and there are only three eating opportunities I'm aware of. I've mentioned two; the other is at the all-inclusive that's on the right side as you face the water.

Re: Anse Marcel - 06/13/2015 02:47 AM

Ok. Looking to spend the day the beach, not necessarily looking for upscale after coming off of the beach, I wouldn't feel comfortable in doing so. Any good casual nearby lunch spots after perhaps spending the AM at Anse Marcel? Thx
Posted By: TravelHat

Re: Anse Marcel - 06/13/2015 02:49 AM

How about the beach out front of where you are staying?

Re: Anse Marcel - 06/13/2015 03:09 AM

Yep, that's fine too....spent the day there today. Just looking to explore a little. Our first time on SXM and heard about all of the varied and beautiful beaches and was looking for advice. When Anse Marcel is mentioned, is everyone talking about the Anse Marcel beach resort or is it just used to describe that area and its beach? Thx.
Posted By: bigbobthib

Re: Anse Marcel - 06/13/2015 10:41 AM

Go to Grand Case Beach. Free chairs with lunch at Captain Frenchy's. Good food no seaweed and calm water.

Re: Anse Marcel - 06/13/2015 10:51 AM

Ok! Thank you.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Beaches - 06/13/2015 12:33 PM

Honestly, other than like Easter or similar holidays, while the beaches are usually busier on the weekends, I wouldn't let that dictate where I go. Orient in general would probably be LESS busy in general on a weekend than on a 4 cruise ship day. Otherwise, if you wouldn't mind checking out a nude beach, Club O beach is generally LESS busy on the weekend than during the week, and you don't have to be nude there.

Re: Beaches - 06/13/2015 10:45 PM

Thanks all. Had a beautiful day on Grand Case, lunch at Capt Frenchys- may go back tomorrow or Monday and hang out by Rainbow. Nice menu and I like the idea of the parking lot. Nice, calm, clean and quiet. Good food and good times! Zero seaweed there. Heard reports that it was very bad on Orient.
Posted By: TravelHat

Re: Beaches - 06/13/2015 11:27 PM

Try Calamos Cafe in GC.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline