TravelTalkOnline

Palms Restaurant

Posted By: mchirgwin

Palms Restaurant - 07/21/2015 09:09 PM

I wanted to thank everyone for their input, it is very hard selecting restaurants for 9 people. As I review more and make decisions we have decided on Palm's this year. We have never been and are wondering with a group of nine if reservations are suggested. We will be there Aug 14-23, and during that season most restaurants don't need a reservations, but being a group of nine I always worry.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Palms Restaurant - 07/21/2015 09:31 PM

You'll probably be fine in August, even with a larger group, although it certainly can't hurt to call. I think Greg closes on Mondays during low season.
Posted By: MarcG

Re: Palms Restaurant - 07/21/2015 09:44 PM

Yes, closed on Mondays. Should be ok for 9 in low season, but I'm sure Greg would appreciate a heads up for a group.

Pao, drunken ribs and spicy lasagna to be had!!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Palms Restaurant - 07/21/2015 10:23 PM

I would say with a group of 9, you should ALWAYS make a reservation. It's really hard for any restaurant to serve a group that large well, and I would say the odds AGAINST a good outcome go up astronomically without a reservation. The only place that consistently serves large groups well that I know of is Pineapple Pete. Do yourself and your group a favor and make a reservation.

As far as the Palms in general, I'm way out in the ozone on that one, I guess, as I didn't care for it, but other people love it.
Posted By: PreK176

Re: Palms Restaurant - 07/21/2015 10:56 PM

Our group of 11 had a reservation for Pineapple Pete's last week. The place wasn't terribly busy but they were expecting us and we had 2 waiters. Service and food were excellent! With that said, we also went to 3 Amigos without reservations and they were just as accommodating. Palms is much smaller so would probably be best to give them a heads up so they will be ready for you! Enjoy!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Palms Restaurant - 07/21/2015 11:02 PM

Certainly, you CAN get good service without a reservation but in our experience, the only place where one can consistently count on great service with a large group is Pineapple Pete..
Posted By: SandS

Re: Palms Restaurant - 07/22/2015 12:31 AM

Absolutely!
Posted By: Todd

Re: Palms Restaurant - 07/22/2015 04:18 PM

Add to that list the Tabouli Salad, awesome. He also sometimes has a burger on the specials list, one of the best on island if he has it.

All sounds so good right now, 122 days until I arrive again!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline