TravelTalkOnline

LA Siesta Residences -- comments?

Posted By: singbeach

LA Siesta Residences -- comments? - 10/03/2015 03:31 PM

Beach access? possible to get in/out of water w/o water shoes, anywhere near the condo?
Posted By: RonDon

Re: LA Siesta Residences -- comments? - 10/03/2015 07:00 PM

Doesn't sound familiar. Where is it located? French side, Dutch Side?
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: LA Siesta Residences -- comments? - 10/03/2015 07:52 PM

It's on Simpson Bay Beach.
Posted By: Nannyof3

Re: LA Siesta Residences -- comments? - 10/03/2015 08:03 PM

Hi. We stayed at La Siesta, which was our first time to St. Maarten, 6 years ago. We really enjoyed our condo. It was a 2 bedroom, we only used the master. I believe our unit was called Sandpiper. The beach was very nice and there were no issues getting in and out of water.
Posted By: badbenni

Re: LA Siesta Residences -- comments? - 10/03/2015 09:12 PM

Close friends of ours stayed at La Siesta and liked the accommodations as well as the pool area. The only thing they didn't like was being awakened by Roosters at dawn. Directly across the road is a hen house with Roosters and they make a racket.
Posted By: Larkin

Re: LA Siesta Residences -- comments? - 10/03/2015 09:15 PM

Stayed here probaly 5 yrs ago. Unit was nice and pool area also. Did have to walk about 100 ft to right to enter water because of coral. The roosters were there back then too.
Posted By: Nannyof3

Re: LA Siesta Residences -- comments? - 10/03/2015 09:22 PM

Ha...yes I remember the roosters. They were not a problem for us. The master faced ocean, but the 2nd bedroom, which was locked was street side. When I say street, it was more a narrow alley which is one way.

Re: LA Siesta Residences -- comments? - 10/04/2015 12:16 AM

Not too far of a walk! as long as I can get in/out with sandy bottom, and not walk too far, I think is okay...looks so lovely...I thank you for your info!
Posted By: islandgem

Re: LA Siesta Residences -- comments? - 10/04/2015 12:36 AM

Lots of people love these condos on Simpson Bay Beach. Nice pool, attractive accommodations, lovely beach and close to everything in the Simpson Bay area. If you liked Beachside Villas, you will love these!
Posted By: PreK176

Re: LA Siesta Residences -- comments? - 10/04/2015 01:15 PM

We stayed here a few years back with another couple, can't remember the name of the unit but it was featured on House Hunters. We loved the condo but hated the area. Tight parking, rocky water (couldn't swim) hard to get a seat at the pool as owners and regulars saved their seats all day, not much privacy on the deck..... I'm sure I have a trip report archived somewhere. Would not stay here again!
Posted By: JoeandLori

Re: LA Siesta Residences -- comments? - 10/04/2015 01:30 PM

Stayed there twice at Bella Mare; beautiful condo, well taken care of, wonderful deck, great view, nice pool (never had trouble with seating but have always been there off season) but getting in/out of the ocean in front was not good. If you are a snorkeler, great location but you always need shoes. We have found a place that better suits us up the beach, very close to Karater. Hope this helps.

Re: LA Siesta Residences -- comments? - 10/04/2015 03:37 PM

We were there in April 2012 (BSV was not available so we settled for this) Can't find my trip report so here goes the condensed version: Like I said the place was great but we could NOT get a chair at the pool, they were all reserved with towels. All 8. Didn't really matter as every morning someone had thrown big rocks into the pool during the night. ALSO did not like that we had to draw down the metal security doors at night. When I wake up on the beach the best part is seeing the ocean not a garage door. Neighbors would come over and smoke in our area. Woke to cigarette trays full. We don't smoke so very annoying. Upstairs neighbors had cats who would walk over to our upstairs balcony and leave cat hair all over the nice furniture on the bedroom deck. Disgusting. Area was very sketchy. We were told by the security guard not to walk the area at night. BASS from a nearby bar rumbled through our wall until 3am and of course the roosters! Got yelled at for feeding the stray dog. Had to listen to a kid in a nearby apartment CRY for a couple hours until we finally packed up and left!! MOMMY! MOMMY! Found out later that she went to Carnival and left the 5 year old locked in his room.Told by owners watch for the neighborhood kids they steal things. Villa was very nice but way too many rules, etc. Besides drawing the garage doors we were supposed to lock our slider even if we were at the pool 10/15' away?? Too many other nice places to stay!! Sorry maybe our stay was not the norm but I would not chance it ever again! Like I said saw this condo for sale on HH International for $750k, the people chose something else!! For all that had a good experience here, great! But folks need to hear this side too! I am a VERY patient person, the last to get upset BUT this place made me very upset!!

Re: LA Siesta Residences -- comments? - 10/04/2015 04:38 PM

Would you mind sharing?

Re: LA Siesta Residences -- comments? - 10/04/2015 04:52 PM

Yikes, thank you fellow MA, SXM visitors! That is crucial info and puts BSV way above! We are also considering April. Yolanda has not gotten back to me as yet... Thank you so much.

Re: LA Siesta Residences -- comments? - 10/04/2015 05:39 PM

Sent you a PM a few days ago....not sure if you saw it?
Posted By: M3se5

Re: LA Siesta Residences -- comments? - 10/05/2015 01:45 AM

Stay a few doors up, right on Simpson Bay Beach, at Las Arenas. Top notch accommodations and a beautiful stretch of beach.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline