TravelTalkOnline

Orient Parking

Posted By: Sunfun

Orient Parking - 11/30/2015 03:04 PM

Is it possible to park behind where they are rebuilding the restaurants at this time or is it closed due to the construction?
Posted By: Biturbo

Re: Orient Parking - 11/30/2015 06:26 PM

There is some limited parking there, although it is often a little muddy. We parked there 2 days on our 1st week and rented chairs from Pedro's.
Posted By: ChunkyDunkin

Re: Orient Parking - 12/01/2015 05:08 PM

If you get there early enough (9ish??) there should be parking along the wall behind Pedro's. First section is back-in and then parallel to wall. If that is full there is a lot to your left just as you are approaching the construction area fence.
Posted By: RI Bob C

Re: Orient Parking - 12/02/2015 12:10 AM

Can we drive in from that side and drive on to Bikini? Taking somebody for a ride who stayed here for several years, but hasn't visited in about 15 years.
Posted By: islandgem

Re: Orient Parking - 12/02/2015 03:29 AM

If you are going to Bikini, it is best to drive in through Orient Village. Bikini is straight ahead on the beach.

Re: Orient Parking - 12/02/2015 01:16 PM

Very familiar with Bikini, but still would like to know if the road along the beach is blocked for the construction activity.
Posted By: iscrogr

Re: Orient Parking - 12/02/2015 01:20 PM

Traveled it yesterday, some puddles, but no blockage.
Went from Orient Village entrance, to Club Orient, then home by the road by the butterfly farm.

Re: Orient Parking - 12/02/2015 03:48 PM

But Bikini is the other way, going left instead of entering Orient. That is where the construction gets involved.
Posted By: ChiTownHarry

Re: Orient Parking - 12/02/2015 05:18 PM

Bob, we were there a month ago. At that time, there was no blockage between Pedro's and the entrance to the beach by Orient Village. IOW, the construction next to Pedro's does not block the traffic.
Posted By: iscrogr

Re: Orient Parking - 12/02/2015 07:54 PM

Went in Orient Village road, turned Right at Bikini, traveled entire road to club orient.
Open all the way.
Thought I was plain when I stated I traveled to the club?

Re: Orient Parking - 12/03/2015 01:31 AM

My mistake, when you said Orient Village, I was thinking the resort near Pedro's. There was no Orient Village when we stayed in near Bikini over 15 years ago.
Posted By: ChunkyDunkin

Re: Orient Parking - 12/03/2015 04:51 PM

Just need to be aware that there is a sliding gate on that road just off the north edge of the construction area, has been there for as long as we have been going to SXM. Open during the day but closes somewhere around 7:30+/- PM.
If/when the normal route that skirts the pond gets in bad shape it's not a bad alternative for getting up to the main road. Having done so several times our latest trip it added about 5 minutes to our drive time to Oyster Pond.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Orient Parking - 12/03/2015 04:59 PM

Was it closed this time at night when you were there? As I wonder whether, once the construction is done and IF some of the restaurants there are open at night, which supposedly is the plan, whether that gate will be continue to be closed at night or not?
Posted By: Sungoddess

Re: Orient Parking - 12/03/2015 09:54 PM

I was there on Tuesday night after eating in Orient Village and it was closed...the other road was totally flooded and full of holes = the worst I have ever seen.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline