TravelTalkOnline

St. Martin the new St. Bart's?

Posted By: zippy

St. Martin the new St. Bart's? - 12/06/2015 02:51 PM

Today's NY Post article
http://nypost.com/2015/12/05/heres-what-the-1-percent-give-each-other-for-christmas/
Posted By: charlieh

Re: St. Martin the new St. Bart's? - 12/06/2015 03:31 PM

Well I do love great wine, and I used to love St Barts, but I've never been what one would call a 1% guy. Our dozen vacations to SBH always were at a cheap location on St Jean beach (or what used to be cheap), and it used to be my favorite place in the world.

Then I gravitated back to SXM to stay in a villa in the Lowlands with their 3 great beaches. Nowadays that appeals to me much more than SBH.

SBH definitely misses out on the beach front villa scene.
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: St. Martin the new St. Bart's? - 12/06/2015 03:37 PM

From the article:

"The new St. Barts is St. Martin — specifically, the French side and never, ever the honky-tonk Dutch side, which is crawling with cruise-shipping day-trippers. The superrich don’t stay in hotels there, they rent villas. Former president of France Nicolas Sarkozy and his wife, Carla Bruni, often stay at the Villa Pamplemousse (translation: House Grapefruit) at Christmas."

I dunno......highly doubt St Martin would replace St Bart's. Perhaps it's a stop off enroute type of stay?
Posted By: JulieandKarl

Re: St. Martin the new St. Bart's? - 12/06/2015 04:32 PM

''specifically, the French side and never, ever the honky-tonk Dutch side, which is crawling with cruise-shipping day-trippers"

Apropos to the 'which side do you prefer' thread.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline