TravelTalkOnline

Chef from Le Chanteclair

Posted By: Vikki52

Chef from Le Chanteclair - 02/06/2016 02:23 PM

Does anyone know where Christophe, the chef from Le Chanteclair (previously at Bistro Nu) went? We went to Chanteclair on Tuesday to have his amazing Beef Bourguignon, but we were told the restaurant had just changed hands and he was no longer there.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Chef from Le Chanteclair - 02/06/2016 04:49 PM

I"d like to know too. I once asked Carol previously of L'Estimenet where I could get good Bourguignon and she said Christophe at Bistro Nu but when we went he was no longer there.
Posted By: mahokid

Re: Chef from Le Chanteclair - 02/06/2016 11:42 PM

Not sure but about six years ago, Le Chanteclair had a husband / wife team and we enjoyed several great meals there including the no name chocolate dessert. Not sure where they are now, heard rumor that something bad happened to one of them and may longer be alive. Any information appreciated.
Posted By: cacapasa

Re: Chef from Le Chanteclair - 02/07/2016 06:18 AM

A couple bought the restaurant from the founders some years back, but she comitted suicide not more than a year or so later and it has been closed ever since.
Posted By: LINNY

Re: Chef from Le Chanteclair - 02/07/2016 07:36 AM

it reopened in November
Posted By: KGB

Re: Chef from Le Chanteclair - 04/07/2016 02:46 AM

Is it as good as the original? Original one was mind blowing!
Posted By: islandgem

Re: Chef from Le Chanteclair - 04/07/2016 03:08 AM

The new chef at Le Chanteclaire is Ina, who was the chef at L'Estaminet in Grand Case. She was excellent so the food there should be very good and artistically presented.

Re: Chef from Le Chanteclair - 04/07/2016 06:08 PM

islandgem said:
The new chef at Le Chanteclaire is Ina, who was the chef at L'Estaminet in Grand Case. She was excellent so the food there should be very good and artistically presented.

But not a good bourguignon! And we still don't know where is Christophe?
Posted By: cruzer

Re: Chef from Le Chanteclair - 04/07/2016 07:29 PM

Was Christophe the Chef under the Bistro Nu owners of some 3 years ago? If so, I have to find him as well, as he made the best duck confit I had ever had--super crispy skin.

Re: Chef from Le Chanteclair - 04/07/2016 08:57 PM

cruzer said:
Was Christophe the Chef under the Bistro Nu owners of some 3 years ago? If so, I have to find him as well, as he made the best duck confit I had ever had--super crispy skin.

Yes, the very same! And my 2nd favorite dish duck.
Posted By: cruzer

Re: Chef from Le Chanteclair - 04/07/2016 10:34 PM

So, where and what was your favorite duck? On island, I hope.

Re: Chef from Le Chanteclair - 04/08/2016 10:47 AM

cruzer said:
So, where and what was your favorite duck? On island, I hope.

I like the confit. But the best duck breast I've ever had was at a place that no longer exists, Poisson D'Or. 2nd is La Villa.
Posted By: chs225

Re: Chef from Le Chanteclair - 04/10/2016 12:49 AM

So the bottom line is, No one knows where Christophe is currently?
Posted By: dane

Re: Chef from Le Chanteclair - 04/11/2016 02:55 PM

For some reason, I recall hearing Christophe was at Ti Bouchon. Perhaps someone else can confirm?
Posted By: Ted_n_Jan

Re: Chef from Le Chanteclair - 04/12/2016 01:57 AM

I believe the name of the Chef at Ti Bouchon is Theiri. Or something close to that.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline