TravelTalkOnline

ATM card

Posted By: garymoe

ATM card - 02/10/2016 12:39 PM

Hi All,
We are counting the days to March 12 when we will arrive at our favorite vacation spot. I am hoping someone has information about ATM cards. As our bank does not charge a fee to use ATM cards, we use the card to withdraw cash as we need it. However last year we found that only one bank allowed the use of a non- chipped card. Our bank has not issued a "chipped" card yet. They keep saying "soon" but it has not happened. If anyone has info/experience I would appreciate it.

Thanks to all who contribute. Such great info that adds to our vacation.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: ATM card - 02/10/2016 12:57 PM

Ok...two answers neither of which may be helpful.

Last year (in SXM) we used our swipe card a few times at two different banks...no problem

This year we used our new chip/swipe card three times at two different banks. All transactions were on the Dutch side.

I will say that the ATM process and machines were the same...insert card and it reads the stripe...not partially insert so the chip can be read.

So not very helpful but I would venture a guess that the Dutch banks have not updated totally to chip tech as of 3 weeks ago anyway. My home bank still uses the swipe tech process...
Posted By: Mikel

Re: ATM card - 02/10/2016 01:31 PM

I have been using a swipe card at WIB ATM's for the last 3 weeks with no issues.
Posted By: garymoe

Re: ATM card - 02/10/2016 02:06 PM

Thank you all for your responses. Very helpful. We are really looking forward to our vacation. Weather forecast for this weekend is below 0 temps. Will make SXM all the better.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline