TravelTalkOnline

la Bamba

Posted By: Sungoddess

la Bamba - 02/10/2016 02:10 PM

advert in Daily Herald looking for companies to submit bids for a 175 car parking lot in Kim Sha beach
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: la Bamba - 02/10/2016 02:13 PM

Interesting. Parking for what, I wonder? Why would there be a bid just for a parking lot?
Posted By: kccouple

Re: la Bamba - 02/10/2016 02:44 PM

Have you ever been in that area at night? Its a mad house.Of course they already have the sand parking lot next to Royal Palm.
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: la Bamba - 02/10/2016 02:46 PM

Environmentally, WHY would they build a parking lot?! There is already flooding in Simpson Bay..no place for rain run-off. And to use beach front for PARKING?! Ludicrous.

Re: la Bamba - 02/10/2016 02:56 PM

Well, certainly I have been in Simpson Bay at night, many times, but it just seems odd to me to build a parking lot, not associated with any business, and as Beachkitten said, to use beachfront land for it? Weird.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: la Bamba - 02/10/2016 03:14 PM

We are all assuming that the La Bamba location is the site of the parking lot. Maybe the actual location IS where the sand and rut filled dirt lot is now and maybe just encroaching on the La Bamba location. Grade and pave....
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: la Bamba - 02/10/2016 03:19 PM

That makes sense, but then it is St. Maarten.

The area between Royal Palm and BBB/Atrium is quite large, there are many possibilities for future development.
Posted By: SXMWendell

Re: la Bamba - 02/10/2016 03:21 PM

There was rumors at one time that McDonalds was going to move over to that area.

SXM??? Wendell
Posted By: islandgem

Re: la Bamba - 02/10/2016 04:53 PM

There were plans to build a multi level parking garage in the area where the dirt lot is now, not necessarily where LA Bamba was located. Perhaps that idea is back on the table as there is definitely a need for parking to support businesses in that area. I imagine this will be a pay parking facility so it will be a business too.

Re: la Bamba - 02/10/2016 05:18 PM

I thought the garage was supposed to be a part of the proposed medical facility?? I guess we'll see what happens!
Posted By: Sungoddess

Re: la Bamba - 02/10/2016 07:11 PM

I give away my newspaper every day so I don't recall exaclty what the advert said...it has been in twice, so I'll see if it's in again/on the government page

Re: la Bamba - 02/10/2016 07:21 PM

OK, I found it. I'm confused, looking at it, whether they are talking about a GARAGE, or just parking, I guess just parking.

Says "on a solid foundation, building of 175 parking spaces out of concrete, placing of boulders around the property, with one entrance, street signs, ...etc". Wouldn't 175 parking spaces on the ground take up a whole lot of space? I don't know.
Posted By: DannynGinger

Re: la Bamba - 02/10/2016 08:13 PM

Hope they don't forget that area next to the Atrium is where the old bridge is located way back from the early days of the island.
The bridge is still there, just covered with plants and weeds.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline