TravelTalkOnline

Sonesta Bay Beach Resort

Posted By: Sandy471

Sonesta Bay Beach Resort - 04/26/2016 01:34 PM

Are there 2 different resorts 1 adult only and the other family? A relative of ours is telling me they have a good deal thru Groupon for the Sonesta Bay Beach Resort which is an all inclusive Adult only resort. Since all their kids are in their 20's they want a resort with night life and gambling without the younger kids running around. Has anyone stayed at this resort and is the "no children rule enforced" or do they share facilities? They won't be going until the Christmas time frame so the Norovirus shouldn't be a problem at that time.
Posted By: SXMBND

Re: Sonesta Bay Beach Resort - 04/26/2016 01:55 PM

[quote]Sandy471 said:
Are there 2 different resorts 1 adult only and the other family? A relative of ours is telling me they have a good deal thru Groupon for the Sonesta Bay Beach Resort which is an all inclusive Adult only resort. Since all their kids are in their 20's they want a resort with night life and gambling without the younger kids running around. Has anyone stayed at this resort and is the "no children rule enforced" or do they share facilities? They won't be going until the Christmas time frame so the Norovirus shouldn't be a problem at that time. [/quote]

Wouldn't bet on that........
Posted By: EdB

Re: Sonesta Bay Beach Resort - 04/26/2016 02:25 PM

Yes....two separate resorts. One in maho, the other in great bay. I believe great bay is adults only. Supposedly, the neuro is gone.
Posted By: JohnandBev

Re: Sonesta Bay Beach Resort - 04/26/2016 02:32 PM

Sonesta Great Bay is in P'burg and is adult only

Sonesta Maho is in ... Maho and is a family resort - though I don't think there are that many children, will depend on the time of yr.
Two different hotels in 2 different locations. I would not walk into P'burg at night from the Great Bay location

Maho however is better for nightlife / entertainment within walking distance [go figure, its the family hotel!]

Great Bay does enforce the no children rule [I think 18 becomes an adult]

There are those that say don't go AI on the island, but if it is your 1st visit, why not, use the hotel as a base to explore or occasionally use the facilities

J&B
Posted By: kim

Re: Sonesta Bay Beach Resort - 04/26/2016 02:39 PM

Sonesta Maho "Ocean Point" is Adult Only, Sonesta Maho is family friendly
Posted By: JohnandBev

Re: Sonesta Bay Beach Resort - 04/26/2016 03:44 PM

Good point, Ocean Pointe is adults only - we should know, stayed there last yr at end of vaca

J&B
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline