TravelTalkOnline

Anse Marcel

Posted By: rmg49

Anse Marcel - 05/31/2016 08:24 PM

We went to Anse Marcel today for lunch. Parking lot was not easy to find but there was plenty of parking once we did find our way. Sign states two chairs and an umbrella is 20 Euro and $23 USD. We did enjoy a nice lunch there. We walked down to the RIU thereafter. Lots of people on the beach and at the pool.

I decided to take a movie of the ride back over the hill. I know it has been a topic in the past. My wife thinks it is much different at night. Only beeping was a truck driver toward the end as you will see.

Link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/rmg49/

Hope you enjoy.
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Anse Marcel - 05/31/2016 08:34 PM

Very nice! We loved it there.
Enjoyed all the pictures.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Anse Marcel - 05/31/2016 09:13 PM

Thanks for the pictures! I hope to try to get there this time!

What was the weather there today?? We had about a half dozen rain showers here today..

Re: Anse Marcel - 05/31/2016 09:26 PM

Just when we were coming over the hill to Anse Marcel we had about 5 minutes of downpour. That was it for the next several hours.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Anse Marcel - 05/31/2016 09:33 PM

Huh. OK. Every time we thought it was clearing out here, another round of showers would come through!
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Anse Marcel - 06/01/2016 01:32 AM

Thanks for all the lovely pictures of Anse Marcel. It's simply my favorite place on the island.

Re: Anse Marcel - 06/01/2016 01:39 AM

We have previously stayed at the Radisson and loved the location. Unfortunately the all inclusive is not our style.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Anse Marcel - 06/01/2016 01:47 AM

I've thought it might be fun to stay there sometime, but I'm not AI either. The Anse Marcel Beach Bar & Restaurant has two rooms for rent. Additionally, I've seen places at what used to be the de Lonvilliers (sp?) on VRBO.
Posted By: SXMNorm

Re: Anse Marcel - 06/01/2016 12:53 PM

Thanks for the exciting ride.
Posted By: pat

Re: Anse Marcel - 06/01/2016 01:21 PM

rmg,

I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed all of your photos to date but the Abse Marcel 'ride' was the best. The video you took was a nice reminder of a lovely day we spent there back in April although your car was much quieter than ours. But we did have one daughter and two granddaughters in the back seat....

Thank you for sharing.
Posted By: Chicki

Re: Anse Marcel - 06/01/2016 01:35 PM

Robert. ALL of your pictures are absolutely beautiful. We're unable to go to SXM this year so I'm obsessing over each one of them. LOL. I have never been to Anse Marcel. Is the water as crystal clear as Mullet?
Posted By: pat

Re: Anse Marcel - 06/01/2016 01:59 PM

The water is possibly even more clear than Mullet (if that's possible and I say that as one who finds Mullet to be my absolute favorite island beach.....) because there are no waves to speak of at Anse Marcel so no swirling sand.
Posted By: Chicki

Re: Anse Marcel - 06/01/2016 05:47 PM

Thanks so much Pat. I will put Anse Marcel on my MUST DO list for our next trip. It sounds beautiful!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline