TravelTalkOnline

New Medical Tourism building to begin construction

Posted By: eilandmens

New Medical Tourism building to begin construction - 08/09/2016 12:33 AM

Heard from a very reliable source that a medical tourism building which has longed been rumored to built next to Royal Palm will begin construction soon,
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: New Medical Tourism building to begin construction - 08/09/2016 12:59 AM

This has been a rumor for 2-3 years now.
Posted By: SXMWendell

Re: New Medical Tourism building to begin construction - 08/09/2016 01:31 AM

Yes, and there is already this type of business in Grand Cayman. Which is doing alot of advertising. So maybe the delay is for the thinking of the competition. I just went to Colombia and had a root canal ( my favorite thing) for $80 and the dentist did the tooth reconstruction after for $35.

Wendell
Posted By: kish

Re: New Medical Tourism building to begin construction - 08/09/2016 11:46 AM

Thought they built a parking lot in that empty space...
Posted By: Kennys

Re: New Medical Tourism building to begin construction - 08/09/2016 11:50 AM

It's official and it will be built by a Italian Construction Company.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: New Medical Tourism building to begin construction - 08/09/2016 11:59 AM

Lesley--are you talking about the new regular Dutch side hospital?? Daily Herald story

I thought when I first read this, that the story had perhaps got mixed up with the new regular hospital, which was just in the news. They were definitely making a parking lot there where LaBamba used to be, when we were down in June..
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: New Medical Tourism building to begin construction - 08/09/2016 12:31 PM

Is it just me or is that a VERY wide range between the three bids?

Re: New Medical Tourism building to begin construction - 08/09/2016 01:06 PM

I thought so too. Not sure what the bidding process was, in terms of what they were asked to produce..
Posted By: Kennys

Re: New Medical Tourism building to begin construction - 08/09/2016 06:03 PM

Carol this will be a new Hospital but not sure where it will be built.

Re: New Medical Tourism building to begin construction - 08/09/2016 07:50 PM

I don't think this is the medical tourism hospital though. The newspaper article is referring to a new general hospital to replace the existing one.
Posted By: eilandmens

Re: New Medical Tourism building to begin construction - 08/11/2016 12:46 AM

My source says it is a medical tourism building not a government hospital; also a parking lot and in the future- possibly a restaurant and or nightclub. The the land has been owned by " an old St Maarten family". which now finally developing the land.

Re: New Medical Tourism building to begin construction - 08/11/2016 12:48 AM

There could well be a medical tourism building also, but I thought it was pretty coincidental, regarding the government hospital, which was just bid out.

Regarding the land on Kim Sha, again, there is a parking lot there now. Which doesn't necessarily preclude any other development there, but the parking lot is in place, as they were putting it in at the beginning of June.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline