TravelTalkOnline

No action on timeshare law, again

Posted By: Carol_Hill

No action on timeshare law, again - 08/17/2016 12:17 PM

Same ol, same ol
Posted By: pat

Re: No action on timeshare law, again - 08/17/2016 03:39 PM

Why am I not surprised at this?

Disclaimer - I am a happy timeshare SXM timeshare owner but I am so very tired of hearing and reading about good people getting shafted by their timeshare owner/management companies and then again, by the island government that refuses to do anything on their behalf to clean up the mess.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: No action on timeshare law, again - 08/18/2016 11:00 AM

Hope some action is taken at some point. I have always wondered what happens when maintenance fee (or whatever it's called) becomes so high that it's cost prohibitive to use a TS. I think I read somewhere MF 's can't exceed a yearly increase of 6% but looking at some of them that's hard to believe.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: No action on timeshare law, again - 08/18/2016 11:14 AM

There are many cases where one can RENT a timeshare for an amount equal to or LESS than what the maintenance fee currently is. Depends on the time of year and the willingness of the owner to recover some of the cost.

Re: No action on timeshare law, again - 08/31/2016 01:53 PM

Supposed to be debate in Parliament this morning at 11 AM regarding the timeshare law, supposed to be available for listening on live stream at Pearl FM radio
Posted By: wilsonck

Re: No action on timeshare law, again - 09/06/2016 06:18 PM

Did anything come about from the debate on 8/31/16? I've seen no coverage on any of the media websites. I assume there was no quorum again....

Re: No action on timeshare law, again - 09/06/2016 06:21 PM

I actually don't know. I had intended to check in to see if it was on and I got busy and forgot. Sorry. I haven't seen anything in the DH about it one way or another, since 8/31.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline