TravelTalkOnline

Info on Ocean 82

Posted By: KGB

Info on Ocean 82 - 11/23/2016 01:38 AM

Hey folks, can anybody comment on this restaurant ? Someone told me about this place - saw it on some travel website- but I wasn't able to find any info about it.
Thanks!
Posted By: kim

Re: Info on Ocean 82 - 11/23/2016 02:16 AM

The pictures they post on Instagram look amazing!!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Info on Ocean 82 - 11/23/2016 02:17 AM

Ocean 82 is on the water in Grand Case. It is in the same physical spot as the Fish Pot was, for years and years, immediately across the street from Bistrot Cariabes. The restaurant is co-owned by Thibault and Amaury from Bistrot Cariabes, and an owner of another restaurant in Grand Case, which I am having a senior moment and don't remember which one now. Wonderful food and service. Highly recommended. Not cheap, but one should not expect cheap from a high quality restaurant in Grand Case.
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: Info on Ocean 82 - 11/23/2016 02:24 AM

On the water, big lobster tank, many like it.

We, however weren't thrilled last two times we went there. Hostess a little smug, service so so as was food.

Would recommend Bistrot Caraibes directly across street. Better food, better service, better welcome, better lobster. Also favor le tastevin, le cottage over Ocean 82. I think they are all managerially related.
Posted By: 4Driver4

Re: Info on Ocean 82 - 11/23/2016 02:52 AM

Pascal from L'Auberge Gourmande is the other partner in Ocean with the Cariabes boys. The group also bought Le Tastevin last year. All four of the restaurants are excellent.
Posted By: KGB

Re: Info on Ocean 82 - 11/23/2016 04:20 AM

How would you compare it to Dreams? Food quality, price, service. We are looking for a place for a special event for about 15 people. I'm having very difficult time communicating with Dreams...
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Info on Ocean 82 - 11/23/2016 04:51 AM

I look at dreams as more of an afternoon beach place where as ocean 82 an evening out. Depends on what ambiance your looking for.
Posted By: islandgem

Re: Info on Ocean 82 - 11/23/2016 05:49 AM

Ocean 82 would be an excellent choice for a special evening with 15 people. It is situated on the water and has a lovely ambience. Food and service has always been very good each time we have dined there. Dreams is very good too, but has a more casual beach ambience and specializes more as an afternoon venue.
Posted By: SeaStar

Re: Info on Ocean 82 - 11/23/2016 03:09 PM

We had a similar experience, very disappointed with our evening at Ocean 82.
We really enjoy Bistrot Caraibes and would go to L'Auberge Gourmande when Pascal was still there. IMHO the beach at Dreams isn't the best but the food and ambience is great, haven't been in the evening so can't comment on that.
Posted By: Todd_Melinda_K

Re: Info on Ocean 82 - 11/23/2016 05:42 PM

We have had 3 or 4 very good experiences at Oceans 82, most without reservations. Good Food and Service. Nice Wine list. The ocean side seating is nice and the street side is entertaining during harmony nights. Melinda can order nothing but the Caribbean Fish Pot with Lemon Grass Cream.
Posted By: Chuck_Morton

Re: Info on Ocean 82 - 11/23/2016 10:12 PM

It's interesting to me that other people have had "Mediocre" experiences at Ocean 82 as I thought perhaps it was only me.... We have only dined there once, for a special birthday dinner, but were underwhelmed and I thought perhaps my expectations were just too high. On the other hand, Bistro Caribes never ceases to impress me on all levels... Food is excellent, service is outstanding and we are always greeted with genuine enthusiasm. This has been a perennial favorite of ours for many years.
Posted By: pony600

Re: Info on Ocean 82 - 11/23/2016 10:44 PM

Beautiful restaurant, beautiful view. Great service. But I do have to say that I enjoyed my lobster thermadore better at Bistrot Caraibes.Wonderful apps & desserts too.They also gave us ladies a nice purse hanger-to hang your handbag on the table,with the Ocean 82 insignia on it.
Posted By: gpepe1228

Re: Info on Ocean 82 - 11/23/2016 11:45 PM

We ate there during our visit in beginning of November. It was amazing. The food, service and atmosphere were all anyone could ask for!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline