TravelTalkOnline

Thrify Car Rental

Posted By: mitchnkim

Thrify Car Rental - 12/29/2016 12:27 AM

On Sunday I filled out a rental form for Thrifty Auto car rental for Feb 4-11 and it said they would send me a confirmation email with my details. WELP I am still waiting. I tried their toll free number and it just rings. We are staying at Oyster Bay Beach Resort and I know they have a Dollar/Thrifty car rental desk there so I am going to try to call that number tomorrow when they are scheduled to be there from 830-4:00

Normally we rent through Kenny's but unfortunately he is booked full. Does anyone have experience with Thrifty? I went that route since they have a desk on site - I need something that will seat 5 adults so it cannot be our usual tiny mini car which we could park sideways in most spots...lol.

Ideas? I know it's getting late.
Kim
Posted By: SXMWendell

Re: Thrify Car Rental - 12/29/2016 12:34 AM

the island is having ( and sometimes does) internet problems. So a phone call may give you the information you want.

Wendell
Posted By: pat

Re: Thrify Car Rental - 12/29/2016 01:15 AM

If you haven't already done so, don't forget to check your junk/trash folder since there is often mention of island emails ending up there.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Thrify Car Rental - 12/29/2016 10:34 AM

For some reason, toll free numbers often seem to not work so well. I would try calling them on their direct number if you have not yet made contact.
Posted By: JoeD1949

Re: Thrify Car Rental - 12/29/2016 03:13 PM

We don't normally make endorsements here because everyone's experience is different, but we rented from Thrifty in November and had a great experience. We got a Hyundai Accent for a month for $750 with full insurance coverage. Called the number on the website and followed that up with emails. All were answered promptly. The rate was much lower than any of the other agencies we called, including TTOL sponsors. Maybe we just got lucky.
Posted By: drewmon

Re: Thrify Car Rental - 12/30/2016 08:25 PM

We always rent from Leo Jubenot, manager at the Dollar/Thrifty car rental location at The Sapphire. Leo is very responsive on e-mail ( ljubenot@hotmail.com ), plus he has newer clean cars at very good rates, and excellent service.

We reserve our car by e-mail from home, then after we pick up our luggage at PJIA, we have the Dollar/Thrifty desk there call Leo, and he's there in a few minutes to pick us up.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline