TravelTalkOnline

Grand Case restaurant parking

Posted By: milo911md

Grand Case restaurant parking - 01/13/2017 01:04 AM

We are returning to SXM in April after few years.
I have recently heard some stories regarding Grand case Parking.
I was wondering what is the current situation with restaurant parking for the evening.
We usually make our reservations between 6:30-7:00 PM and in the past, we had no problem finding parking in the central parking lot (by the canal and the Lolos) around that time.

Thanks
Nick
Posted By: unipanther

Re: Grand Case restaurant parking - 01/13/2017 02:13 AM

You will eventually find a spot. The first day we got a spot right up front. The second night, around 8:30 pm I could not find a spot what so ever. But it turned out great as we drove down to Rainbow and had some awesome apps and then walked down to LOVE. That was in mid November though.
Posted By: NakedAsAJaybird

Re: Grand Case restaurant parking - 01/13/2017 03:31 AM

The central parking lot has lots of room. The lot by Calmos is usually full by early evening.
Posted By: joyonthebeach

Re: Grand Case restaurant parking - 01/13/2017 03:48 AM

It pays to get to Grand Case early for ease of parking. Plan on getting there for a drink to watch the sunset, walk around for a while and then head to whichever restaurant you have reservations for.
Posted By: EdB

Re: Grand Case restaurant parking - 01/13/2017 06:29 AM

worse case scenario...down near the church the pay lot. FIVE bucks....and a lot of the restaurants will validate and/or give you the five bucks back.
Posted By: milo911md

Re: Grand Case restaurant parking - 01/13/2017 09:09 AM

Can you refresh my memory where the church is?
Posted By: jamiegarrett761

Re: Grand Case restaurant parking - 01/13/2017 07:25 PM

It's actually closer to the public lot than it is to the church. If you can't get in the public lot, continue down restaurant row (take a left out of the lot) and, just past Blue Martini you'll see the entrance to the lot on your left. There is a sign on the street close by Il Nettuno. If you get to the intersection, you've gone too far. And if you get to the church, you've gone way too far.

Very nice folks and, as another poster said, most restaurants will reimburse you for the parking fee. Plus, you have the benefit of the parking lot attendants watching over your car - they are paid employees, not just people off the street trying to "earn" a few bucks from unassuming tourists.
Posted By: caeguy

Re: Grand Case restaurant parking - 01/13/2017 11:18 PM

I switched over to that paid lot a few years ago. Lighted and always someone there looking over the lot. I was sick of being hassled by a guy trying to charge just to show me a open parking spot at the public lot.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Grand Case restaurant parking - 01/14/2017 12:23 AM

caeguy said:
I switched over to that paid lot a few years ago. Lighted and always someone there looking over the lot. I was sick of being hassled by a guy trying to charge just to show me a open parking spot at the public lot.

The paid parking lot is safer than the public parking lot.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline