TravelTalkOnline

Nettle Bay Beach Club area

Posted By: murphycpcu

Nettle Bay Beach Club area - 01/18/2017 04:01 PM

Saturday we do our annual trip and are staying at a new location. Nettle Bay.

We have experienced Dreams, loved it, but in reading about the area it appears there are some other nice options.

Does anyone have any input on restaurants in the immediate area and Marigot? Also, any nightlife to speak of or are we left commuting to Simpson Bay or Grand Case?
Posted By: cruzer

Re: Nettle Bay Beach Club area - 01/18/2017 05:53 PM

Two restaurants we enjoy in Marigot are Bistro Nu and Marrakesh. Both are located across from the stadium, on the main road, so you don't have to walk in poorly lit areas.

Bistro Nu has a wide variety of classic French dishes, as well as local creole dishes. Marrakesh has a very interesting interior in addition to good Moroccan food.
Posted By: ChiTownHarry

Re: Nettle Bay Beach Club area - 01/18/2017 07:06 PM

An up scale restaurant in the area is La Cigale located close to Nettle Bay Beach Club and on the lagoon. It is really a special place.
Posted By: extreme

Re: Nettle Bay Beach Club area - 01/18/2017 07:18 PM

Layla's is a nice place too ! You can eat with your feet in the sand with ocean view !
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Nettle Bay Beach Club area - 01/18/2017 08:31 PM

Make a trip into Grand Case. Lots of great restaurants some very budget friendly.
Posted By: LINNY

Re: Nettle Bay Beach Club area - 01/19/2017 07:47 AM

Great food at Ma Ti Beach.... Between Dreams and Nettle Bay Beach Club.
Posted By: DICKG

Re: Nettle Bay Beach Club area - 01/19/2017 01:12 PM

We had dinner at Mezzanine Luna across from La flamboyant excellent all home made Italian on the beach
Posted By: DICKG

Re: Nettle Bay Beach Club area - 01/19/2017 01:13 PM

Sorry fat fingered Mezza Luna
Posted By: LINNY

Re: Nettle Bay Beach Club area - 01/19/2017 04:35 PM

We also had a great meal there.
Posted By: NJSusan

Re: Nettle Bay Beach Club area - 01/20/2017 04:48 PM

I second Ma Ti Beach. We had a surprisingly excellent dinner there. If you are a fan of spaghetti carbonara I would order it here. It beats any other carbonara I have had anywhere else in the world. My husband had a grilled whole fish that was boned tableside with a beurre blanc sauce that was excellent as well. Can't remember the appetizers we had but I remember we enjoyed them. We had a covered table right off the main deck on the beach with just spectacular views. Wonderful night all around.
Posted By: bigkahona

Re: Nettle Bay Beach Club area - 01/21/2017 02:03 PM

I second going to Mezza Luna.Great setting its on the beach.Food is execellent.
Posted By: candj

Re: Nettle Bay Beach Club area - 01/21/2017 02:20 PM

When we stayed there, we couldn't find any real nightlife and always had to drive over to Simpson Bay.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline