TravelTalkOnline

Beaches you can bring your own chairs and cooler

Posted By: CanadianCutie

Beaches you can bring your own chairs and cooler - 01/22/2017 03:31 PM

Hubby and I don't want to offend anyone so could people please let me know which are the best beaches that you can bring your own chairs and cooler to. We frequently go to Mullet and wondered what other beaches would be good.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Beaches you can bring your own chairs and cooler - 01/22/2017 04:37 PM

There are areas on Orient, between the established beach bars, where you can bring your own chairs and coolers. There's a large area between Coco and Palm Beach.

On Simpson Bay beach, between Karakter and Beachside Villas, there is also a large swath of unoccupied beach where you could bring chairs and cooler, although I'm not sure where you'd park to use that.
Posted By: bluejacket

Re: Beaches you can bring your own chairs and cooler - 01/22/2017 05:17 PM

A couple brought their own chairs, umbrella, and cooler to Club O when we were there about a month ago.
Posted By: JohnandBev

Re: Beaches you can bring your own chairs and cooler - 01/22/2017 05:43 PM

Baige Rouge would be a good Mullet substitute

J&
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Beaches you can bring your own chairs and cooler - 01/22/2017 05:48 PM

Baie Longue, IMO the prettiest beach on the island but, alas, no shade.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Beaches you can bring your own chairs and cooler - 01/22/2017 05:51 PM

Club O, you can always bring coolers. Chairs are a bit more of a problem when there is very little beach. When there is a lot of beach, so long as you are behind the Club O chairs, no problem.
Posted By: CanadianCutie

Re: Beaches you can bring your own chairs and cooler - 01/22/2017 09:43 PM

We actually have our own umbrellas we have rented from Pack lite for the week so we may have to try Baie Longue. How is the best way to access Baie Longue?
Posted By: Bluesfan

Re: Beaches you can bring your own chairs and cooler - 01/23/2017 03:17 AM

A few years ago LaSamana blocked the closest road to Long Beach. You may have to take the next left at the guard shack. The Gendarme will let you go through and you drive all the way to the other side to reach Long Beach. I would recommend you go to Plum Beach(Baie de Prunes) It is on the way to Long Beach. Beautiful beach You will see parking area on the right. Guard shack is there to protect the villas, but they let beach goers through.
Posted By: jamiegarrett761

Re: Beaches you can bring your own chairs and cooler - 01/23/2017 03:06 PM

All beaches are public so, technically, you can take your own chairs to any beach. However, to be "polite" to the beach vendors, you should go to the "side" of any beach - meaning, not placing your chairs in the middle of their loungers. We've done this many times and, as long as you aren't inhibiting their business, they will pretty much leave you alone. Another benefit is that the folks selling jewelry, massages, hats, etc. won't really bother you if you're in your own chairs because you look like a local and not a tourist.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline