TravelTalkOnline

cugini resturant

Posted By: sasasal

cugini resturant - 05/25/2017 02:03 PM

Wondering if anyone has been there lately, and if so how the food was? I know Sam who ran the restaurant passed away, and not sure if things are the same. Its in simpson bay. thanks in advance.
Posted By: LINNY

Re: cugini resturant - 05/25/2017 02:23 PM

we were there in March....same menu, great food, good entertainment but we missed Sam....yes, we would definitely go again
Posted By: phillygirl7

Re: cugini resturant - 05/25/2017 05:07 PM

We were last there in March also, they had a limited menu, but what they had was really good. Pizza, lasagna, lamb and fish dishes, all delicious. We ordered their pizza a couple of times just because it hit the spot for people arriving in their travels, it worked out really great. They were out of the wine I suggested for a dinner there, the substitution wine was really outstanding. I will forever miss Sam but they are trying to make it work.
Posted By: JoeC047

Re: cugini resturant - 05/25/2017 10:47 PM

Try an excellent Fine Italian restaurant. Luna Rosa. one of the best in all of SXM.
Posted By: sunmantwo

Re: cugini resturant - 05/26/2017 12:30 AM

As of the first week in May, the owner of Luna Rosa told us she was closing up and moving to Miami. She said business was that bad because of the competition. Also Alexa from Cugini told us that they were doing the restaurant over, but then told us it was for sale, because business was so bad, I know she is the owners daughter but we didn't here it from the owner.
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: cugini resturant - 05/26/2017 12:57 AM

Luna Rossa will be closing for the month of June and will re-open the first week of July.

Also, Luna Rossa is for sale but the owner and her son have no intention of leaving until it is sold. They understand that selling it as a working restaurant brings more value. I'm sure that is all subject to change

Re: cugini resturant - 05/26/2017 06:42 PM

The bar / restaurant that was next door to Cugini's is closed, I think it would be great if they could purchase that property and work on getting the bar area moved over there, and build a pretty walkway between the two properties, and then you can walk next door to the existing Cugini's for dinner. They do have room to expand the kitchen area if that is what they needed to do.
Posted By: SandS

Re: cugini resturant - 05/26/2017 06:47 PM

When we were there in February I thought it was for sale.

Re: cugini resturant - 05/26/2017 09:48 PM

It's been for sale almost since they moved to that location, maybe newer people will invigorate the restaurant. I heard more than once from people working there that they felt their kitchen area was too small. I can't believe it was much bigger when they were in Marigot, but who knows.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline