TravelTalkOnline

Sirius radio

Posted By: ProfLangue

Sirius radio - 06/10/2017 03:25 AM

Is anyone able to listen to their Sirius radio (on their phone) while on island?
Posted By: Alysonma

Re: Sirius radio - 06/10/2017 09:58 AM

Yes you can if you have internet package it works anywhere in the world
Posted By: sail2wind

Re: Sirius radio - 06/10/2017 03:47 PM

I believe you have to download the App and it's an additional $5 a month added to your current plan

Re: Sirius radio - 06/11/2017 01:37 AM

Alysonma said:

Their website says only US, Puerto Rico, and some places in the Caribbean. That's why I was wondering if I'll be able to access it while on island.
Further research has turned this up (from the Sirius FAQs page:
The SiriusXM Internet Radio service is available to those at least 18 years of age in the 50 United States, the District Of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. Some SiriusXM Premium Online Pricing Plans require a qualifying Satellite Radio subscription; and the SiriusXM U.S. Satellite Service is available only to those at least 18 years of age in the 48 contiguous United States and the District Of Columbia, with Sirius also available in Puerto Rico (with coverage limitations).

Re: Sirius radio - 06/11/2017 01:42 AM

ProfLangue said:
Alysonma said:

Their website says only US, Puerto Rico, and some places in the Caribbean. That's why I was wondering if I'll be able to access it while on island.
Further research has turned this up (from the Sirius FAQs page:
The SiriusXM Internet Radio service is available to those at least 18 years of age in the 50 United States, the District Of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. Some SiriusXM Premium Online Pricing Plans require a qualifying Satellite Radio subscription; and the SiriusXM U.S. Satellite Service is available only to those at least 18 years of age in the 48 contiguous United States and the District Of Columbia, with Sirius also available in Puerto Rico (with coverage limitations).

SiriusXM provides service in the U.S., Puerto Rico, and Canada. For security reasons, we must currently block access to our streaming service from selected countries. We may, in the near future, enable access to Streaming SiriusXM from these locations. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Posted By: soualigacapt

Re: Sirius radio - 06/11/2017 11:20 AM

I have sirius radio in my car and the only place it works is in my driveway. No reception anywhere else on the island. We are on the fringe of the satellite coverage. Maybe it works over the internet but I don't know. Mine is by an antenna on the car and not over the internet. Chesterfields Restaurant has sirius radio but I'm not sure if he has a special antenna.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Sirius radio - 06/11/2017 11:30 AM

It would work over the internet only if you went through a VPN that would ID you as being in the USA.

I read on the Sirius site that members of the Military and other subscribers stationed, living, or working outside the USA can call and speak to a rep to get coverage in their area. Whether this is through an unlocked IP address or other means I have no clue
Posted By: DannynGinger

Re: Sirius radio - 06/11/2017 10:31 PM

I-Heart radio works also on Wi-Fi.
Posted By: Bill_S

Re: Sirius radio - 06/11/2017 11:13 PM

I, and two others, run an FCC licensed non-commercial Low Power FM station as unpaid volunteers. Three years ago we started streaming our music online and now have listeners on six of the seven continents.

I would appreciate it if someone on-island would let me know if you can successfuly listen to our stream on either or both sides of SXM.

On shoutcast or the TuneIn Radio app just search for wmjs

We also have a "listen live" link on our webpage at wmjs.org

We will be returning to SXM in the future and would like to know if we will be able to listen to our station while on island.

Thanks!
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Sirius radio - 06/12/2017 11:32 AM

Was able to connect and listen to Captain and Tennille on both TuneIn Radio and on the web page Bill. Dutch side on the border.
Posted By: Speebs

Re: Sirius radio - 06/12/2017 12:08 PM

Listen to XM radio at Le Plantation and Coco beach thru Wi-Fi all the time.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Sirius radio - 06/12/2017 12:19 PM

I'm sure you can. But I was responding particularly to Bill_S's request to test HIS radio station.
Posted By: Bill_S

Re: Sirius radio - 06/12/2017 12:52 PM

Thanks, Bill and Elaine! When we set up our streaming capability we opted to pay Primcast a few $ extra per month to make our stream easier to listen to anywhere in the world. Hope you enjoy the mix of music.
Posted By: sail2wind

Re: Sirius radio - 06/12/2017 03:28 PM

so are you paying monthly in the U.S., XM is subscription radio
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline