TravelTalkOnline

ORD->SXM

Posted By: Mbrott

ORD->SXM - 06/16/2017 01:37 AM

Exactly one year ago I purchased direct flights from Chicago to SXM for the 2nd week of March the following year. This equates to the kids spring break and for next year it would be March 10-17, 2018.

4 tickets purchased last year - $3000
4 tickets currently on United same flights - $5800

I've been watching prices for 6 weeks and it hasn't moved. Maybe we can swim there.

Mbrott
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: ORD->SXM - 06/16/2017 02:11 AM

If you do watch out for the sharks.
Posted By: trespalmas

Re: ORD->SXM - 06/16/2017 02:30 AM

A few months ago we purchased a one-way non-stop return flight from SXM-ORD for February 11, 2018 for 6 of us on United. We are chartering a boat and had another couple join. When they went to book the same flights... that flight has now been changed to include a layover in Newark. No email, text, or phone call from United letting us know of the change.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: ORD->SXM - 06/16/2017 03:44 AM

No email, text, or phone call from United letting us know of the change.

Unless you have email or text notification enabled in your profile, you will not get notification. An email associated with purchasing a ticket does not ensure your profile is updated.

They may have flatly screwed up but I would check your account profile.
Posted By: Maria_and_Steve

Re: ORD->SXM - 06/16/2017 02:15 PM

We purchased a 1 way ticket from ORD non-stop to SXM on United for $172 in April. We were shocked at the non-stop option!
Posted By: ChiTownHarry

Re: ORD->SXM - 06/16/2017 02:17 PM

ruralcarrier said:
No email, text, or phone call from United letting us know of the change.

They may have flatly screwed up but I would check your account profile.

And your SPAM folder...
Posted By: SeaStar

Re: ORD->SXM - 06/17/2017 11:09 AM

United offers non stop from ORD-SXM on Saturdays during high season. That was a great price though!
Posted By: boucharda

Re: ORD->SXM - 06/17/2017 11:31 AM

trespalmas said:
A few months ago we purchased a one-way non-stop return flight from SXM-ORD for February 11, 2018 for 6 of us on United.

The N/S seems to only be on Saturday (2/10) but all the Sat fares are much more pricey than Sunday . Guess the demand wasn't there to keep that SUn N/S...
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline