TravelTalkOnline

TimeShare weeks that were canceled...

Posted By: usasxmlover

TimeShare weeks that were canceled... - 09/18/2017 09:51 PM

Wondering how the resorts are dealing with owners that had confirmed reservations over the next few months that have been canceled. Are they allowing an extra week in 2018?

Not trying to be insensitive, but am looking forward to SXM version 2.0.

We own at the Atrium, they have not set a policy yet, the representative thought that we would get an extra week next year. They are thinking that Atrium will reopen end of January 2018. Only 15 units damaged.
Posted By: Tom

Re: TimeShare weeks that were canceled... - 09/19/2017 12:48 AM

I suspect that each resort will produce a plan for guests and t/s owners. We have timeshare @ Belair and they have announced that anyone that cannot use their scheduled visit prior to 12/1/17, when they plan to reopen will be able to use at a later date or bank to next year. I expect others will do something similar.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: TimeShare weeks that were canceled... - 09/19/2017 10:21 AM

La Vista has somehow made it possible for us to deposit our weeks with RCI. For those owners who don't have an affiliation with RCI or II, they are allowing an additional week.
Posted By: CaribJoe

Re: TimeShare weeks that were canceled... - 09/19/2017 03:34 PM

I was able to deposit three Dec/Jan weeks at Simpson Bay Resort with II today.
Posted By: Lainer105

Re: TimeShare weeks that were canceled... - 09/20/2017 01:35 PM

What timeframe did you have with LaVista? We are scheduled for April 23-28th, but now have to deal with AA. Do not know whether to deposit with RCI or not?
Posted By: JimandBeth

Re: TimeShare weeks that were canceled... - 09/20/2017 01:58 PM

CaribJoe said:
I was able to deposit three Dec/Jan weeks at Simpson Bay Resort with II today.
If you don't mind me asking, were you able to get an exchange elsewhere or did you just deposit? Thanks. I'm trying to decide what to do.
Posted By: CaribJoe

Re: TimeShare weeks that were canceled... - 09/20/2017 03:13 PM

Just deposited for now.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: TimeShare weeks that were canceled... - 09/25/2017 11:45 AM

Lainer105 said:
What timeframe did you have with LaVista? We are scheduled for April 23-28th, but now have to deal with AA. Do not know whether to deposit with RCI or not?

Our weeks are 47, 48, and 49. We had deposited 49 early this year, so only had to deposit 47 and 48 after the hurricane. Our unit is in the beach resort, which sustained less damage than the older section up on the hill. Last we heard from Andrea, the beach building might actually be open for our weeks, but we canceled anyway so as not to tax the island's resources at this time.
Posted By: BlueGreenWater

Re: TimeShare weeks that were canceled... - 09/27/2017 08:57 PM

I was able to deposit eight weeks at Simpson Bay with II. I have also successfully booked trades for three of those weeks.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: TimeShare weeks that were canceled... - 09/28/2017 11:46 AM

Deposited weeks should be good for two years at II. I was going to bank my SBR weeks but I think I will just go with the deposit
Posted By: Leagle49

Re: TimeShare weeks that were canceled... - 09/28/2017 11:48 AM

If you don't mind me asking, where were you able to trade? When I talked with II they checked and had no availability at all in Feb and March in Aruba.

Re: TimeShare weeks that were canceled... - 09/28/2017 12:05 PM

Makes sense that Aruba has been booked up but I did see a week (April 28th) at Caribbean Palm Village that was (is) available...only Aruba exchange right now BUT a lot of deposits don't go in until more towards the end of the year.

Re: TimeShare weeks that were canceled... - 09/28/2017 12:07 PM

Thanks. We've only ever been to SXM. Besides Aruba, any other suggestions?

Re: TimeShare weeks that were canceled... - 09/28/2017 12:27 PM

We exchanged for a week in May, 2018 at the Wyndham on Grand Cayman. We went there last year and it was very nice..all oceanfront units...lots of fish (huge) visible off the piers.

Started to describe resort but was hijacking thread. Let me know if you want more info

Re: TimeShare weeks that were canceled... - 09/28/2017 12:50 PM

Thanks. Really hoping for something in Feb or March. By May it's getting nice at home.
Posted By: BlueGreenWater

Re: TimeShare weeks that were canceled... - 09/29/2017 09:05 PM

Leagle49 said:
If you don't mind me asking, where were you able to trade? When I talked with II they checked and had no availability at all in Feb and March in Aruba.

San Diego. Decided to try the other coast. Also a week in Las Vegas to go to the Grand Canyon.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline