TravelTalkOnline

Atlanta airport question

Posted By: kim

Atlanta airport question - 10/11/2017 12:22 AM

So, decided to head down to see with my eyes our condo. Jfk flights just were not working so booked Delta from Westchester through Atlanta. JB JFK is easy breezy and we are spoiled. What’s the scoop on Atlanta?
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Atlanta airport question - 10/11/2017 12:26 AM

Big airport with an underground train system that is usually very efficient. Personally, I have preferred ATL over CLT (AA) the past few trips as immigration seems more efficient.
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Atlanta airport question - 10/11/2017 12:30 AM

Amen! What he said.

Re: Atlanta airport question - 10/11/2017 12:36 AM

Thanks!!!
Posted By: marybeth

Re: Atlanta airport question - 10/11/2017 12:47 AM

ATL is my preferred airport - Not positive, but you will probably leave out of Terminal E which is a very spread out terminal, often with lots of walking. Very doable. The train is quite reliable and easy to access. A tip if you have to use the train - after you get off the escalator, board the 1st or 2nd car of the train. When you get off those 2 cars are closest to the up escalators. Nice to know if you have tight connections.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Atlanta airport question - 10/11/2017 12:49 AM

I would agree, our experiences through Atlanta have been good. It's not the same as a non-stop, but connections have been good.

Re: Atlanta airport question - 10/11/2017 01:30 AM

Thank you everyone. Like I said. We are spoiled with jfk non-stop. 3.5 hour flights. We could have gotten down n/s but had to go to SJU in return. Decided to try our local regional airport. Doubles the travel time, but 35 minutes from home instead of 90 minutes. And our son can take us and pick us up and I didn’t want the 17 year Old doing the JFK run, which he said is no big deal!!! We have 90 minutes between flights each way so hopefully no issues.
Posted By: wilsonck

Re: Atlanta airport question - 10/11/2017 03:40 AM

The only negative thing I would say about Atlanta is that if you have Global Entry or TSA Precheck, there is no pre-check available once you clear immigration/customs. If multiple flights are arriving, clearing security in ATL can be painfully slow. Other cities have precheck available once you clear immigration/customs, I don't understand why Atlanta as the worlds busiest airport can not have a precheck lane setup.
Posted By: jameskleiss

Re: Atlanta airport question - 10/11/2017 08:22 PM

After connecting through MIA for our previous 4 trips, we connected through Atlanta on our last trip in May.

Atlanta was much better. We had a 45 minute connection time and made it with ease.

Delta seemed like a much more customer focused airline than AA as well.
Posted By: hh1986xx

Re: Atlanta airport question - 10/11/2017 10:13 PM

ATL is by far my favorite air port. I fly through their two or three weeks a month for work. Most flights are on time as well. I fly Delta.
Posted By: irina

Re: Atlanta airport question - 10/12/2017 02:06 PM

ATL is great. Especially the Delta Lounge.
Have fun. Kiss the C's for me.
xxx
i
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline