TravelTalkOnline

Air Arrivals Down/Prices Up!

Posted By: ruralcarrier

Air Arrivals Down/Prices Up! - 01/03/2018 11:09 AM

Not really a surprise. Daily Herald Article
Posted By: Beachnut82

Re: Air Arrivals Down/Prices Up! - 01/03/2018 09:14 PM

Our cheapest option we could find for April was to drive to BWI-about a 4 hr drive- and take United through Newark and return the same way. The cost was 1023 including insurance. Of course we have to book a hotel night before and night of return and is far less convenient than flying from Pittsburgh but this is the cheapest we could find without doing one of the flights that is +1day. Definitely did not want to do and 8-10 hr layover. So we are commited to April at Beachside Villas
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Air Arrivals Down/Prices Up! - 01/03/2018 11:12 PM

I have to assume you mean $1023 for two? Enjoy your stay at Beachside! Can't wait to be back there in June!!
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Air Arrivals Down/Prices Up! - 01/03/2018 11:30 PM

I know at the last minute when BSV said they had 2 villas still open for NYE, I looked up prices. YIKES! They were $1,155 each. You'd think with planes not full they would want butts in seats.

Re: Air Arrivals Down/Prices Up! - 01/03/2018 11:41 PM

yes is the total for both

Re: Air Arrivals Down/Prices Up! - 01/03/2018 11:41 PM

yes is the total for both
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Air Arrivals Down/Prices Up! - 01/04/2018 12:13 AM

NYE prices are always way expensive, but that's pretty beyond the bend..
Posted By: sasasal

Re: Air Arrivals Down/Prices Up! - 01/04/2018 05:00 AM

i just looked up jet blue for husband round trip, direct from jfk... 450.00 and that price is for end of jan. another middle of feb... I think that is good... But than again, We have always gotten a fair price from them... I do understand people living in other places who cannot fly out of jfk. get killed with prices... I will keep checking, as did not book yet... He is not going for vacation, more repairs on house...

Re: Air Arrivals Down/Prices Up! - 01/04/2018 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by sasasal
i just looked up jet blue for husband round trip, direct from jfk... 450.00 and that price is for end of jan. another middle of feb... I think that is good... But than again, We have always gotten a fair price from them... I do understand people living in other places who cannot fly out of jfk. get killed with prices... I will keep checking, as did not book yet... He is not going for vacation, more repairs on house...

Sorry, if I was looking at $450/RT from anywhere, I would not hesitate to book. Many people are looking at double that amount and more and with a connection and/or overnight travel.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Air Arrivals Down/Prices Up! - 01/04/2018 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by ruralcarrier
Originally Posted by sasasal

Sorry, if I was looking at $450/RT from anywhere, I would not hesitate to book. Many people are looking at double that amount and more and with a connection and/or overnight travel.

Yeah, I have to agree! We paid over $800 each for our May flights connecting through CLT; and I was happy with that.

Re: Air Arrivals Down/Prices Up! - 01/04/2018 11:50 AM

Yes, something many who fly from the NYC/northeast area don't get. I paid close to $900 last year for Delta Comfort. Coach was around $800. $450 is a bargain, regardless of the reason for travel.
Posted By: WLE

Re: Air Arrivals Down/Prices Up! - 01/07/2018 06:53 PM

What airline is that going through CLT ? Our American flight from ORD next Sat. was supposed to go through CLT, but now they are sending
us through MIA. .They told us they don't have any direct flights from CLT
Posted By: Eric_Hill

Re: Air Arrivals Down/Prices Up! - 01/07/2018 07:28 PM

What airline is that going through CLT ? Our American flight from ORD next Sat. was supposed to go through CLT, but now they are sending
us through MIA. .They told us they don't have any direct flights from CLT

That is probably accurate as of today. Things will change over the coming months.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Air Arrivals Down/Prices Up! - 01/07/2018 07:35 PM

CLT is an AA hub.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Air Arrivals Down/Prices Up! - 01/07/2018 09:27 PM

Funny. Our AA flights next May from SEA to SXM and back are through CLT. Still shows that way on our booked flights.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline