TravelTalkOnline

Heading to SXM--looking for info. (TY)

Posted By: lizzied2003

Heading to SXM--looking for info. (TY) - 01/07/2018 02:46 PM

Good Morning,

As per usual we are planning our sxm trip.
The decision to go is so weighted as the airline costs for refundable tickets are through the roof.
We always stay at the Atrium and i'm wondering if someone could give me a current update as to room conditions, Kim Shaw beach, (is michael still there), the greenhouse, and the local grocery.

Any input i'd be most grateful for.

Thanks so much!!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Heading to SXM--looking for info. (TY) - 01/07/2018 02:55 PM

Don't know about the room conditions, but be advised that the government has set up food and vendor booths on Kim Sha, down from Atrium toward Royal Palm, for the cruise ship passengers, so not sure how that will affect you. Greenhouse is open and Market Garden is open (if that's what you mean by 'the local grocery').
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Heading to SXM--looking for info. (TY) - 01/07/2018 03:08 PM

We have friends been staying at Atrium for a few weeks waiting for their home to be repaired and they say they are comfortable and it's fine.
Posted By: lizzied2003

Re: Heading to SXM--looking for info. (TY) - 01/07/2018 03:14 PM

thanks so much. must be sort of weird with the cruise ship thing--i always enjoyed not being part of that.
Posted By: jamiegarrett761

Re: Heading to SXM--looking for info. (TY) - 01/07/2018 03:18 PM

I read on another forum that the rooms at Atrium - the ones that they are able to rent - have a pretty strong musty smell. As well as the reception area, hallways, etc. I'd be a little concerned about mold.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Heading to SXM--looking for info. (TY) - 01/07/2018 04:16 PM

I can't imagine that anywhere on the island that had any damage at all doesn't have a musty smell. Shoot, there's a musty smell even without hurricane damage, since it's so humid there. We're staying at Atrium in May; I'm not concerned.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline