TravelTalkOnline

Feeling Sad

Posted By: grandcasegirl

Feeling Sad - 01/16/2018 12:46 PM

We should be heading to Grand Case this weekend, but our home away from home had significant damage from Irma. This the first year since 1982 that we have not been to the Island. frown
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Feeling Sad - 01/16/2018 01:14 PM

Yup...these are our two weeks also. It will be the first time in MANY years we will not be there AND to rub it in I get daily "Pictures from this date" on my phone from Google photos for the last 3-4 years. I guess it's nice to see them but it does sting.
Posted By: sxmsandbum

Re: Feeling Sad - 01/16/2018 11:30 PM

I feel the same way...first time since 1989 that we haven't gone. We will be stopping for the day on a cruise. Just not the same...but will have to do for this year.
Posted By: rpotter28

Re: Feeling Sad - 01/16/2018 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by grandcasegirl
We should be heading to Grand Case this weekend, but our home away from home had significant damage from Irma. This the first year since 1982 that we have not been to the Island. frown

Me too, also sad! First year for me since 2002. I started in 1990, but missed a few because of a hurricane (Louis 1995) and 2 years for home renovations in the 2000-2001 range where I spent all my money on drywall! Now I am
stuck in Canada where it is cold, winter and awful.
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: Feeling Sad - 01/21/2018 04:08 PM

It is sad, but some day soon you can resume your visits.

Ive said several times this hurricane causes mourning to carying degrees.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Feeling Sad - 01/21/2018 07:20 PM

We usually stay at Grand Case Beach Club but not this year. They refunded our deposit and said they hope to re open late 2018. So we will return but to Simpson Bay area where we found accomodations. Still plan to eat at LaVilla and give Christopher some business.

We hope GC will return to its former glory.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline