TravelTalkOnline

SBR Webcams

Posted By: Leagle49

SBR Webcams - 02/10/2018 12:42 PM

Simpson Bay Resort has restored their webcams! Much better resolution too. They are not live action but the picture refreshes every few minutes.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: SBR Webcams - 02/10/2018 01:36 PM

Thanks for the info. I had never seen this beach before. Is this what was formally known as Pelican Resort?
Posted By: boucharda

Re: SBR Webcams - 02/10/2018 02:44 PM

Links to both the SBR and Villas webcams

Villas at SB

SBR webcam

(formally Pelican Resort from MANY years ago)
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: SBR Webcams - 02/10/2018 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by RonDon
Thanks for the info. I had never seen this beach before. Is this what was formally known as Pelican Resort?

Yes
Beach is shared with Flamingo resort.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: SBR Webcams - 02/10/2018 05:36 PM

Wow, I thought the Villas were open for people to stay there, but I don't see a soul on either webcam!!
Posted By: SXMWendell

Re: SBR Webcams - 02/11/2018 02:15 AM

It could be that Sat. and Sun. are transition days for TS.

Wendell
Posted By: Grammiemarge

Re: SBR Webcams - 02/11/2018 02:42 AM

Thank you for the views. I spoke to the Management last summer regarding the webcam
pictures. They were dated from May, 2016 until yesterday. Noticed new roof on F23 &
F24. Also see that the beach bar is gone, which was scheduled for a new build. What is
the plastic enclosure up on the upper deck....going to be very hot in the summer?
Posted By: boucharda

Re: SBR Webcams - 02/11/2018 12:49 PM

Looks like a protection from rain....only a roof..no sides and it looks like it is easily taken down as evidenced by the worker bending over to clean it. Yesterday there were tables under it...

[Linked Image]

Posted By: RonDon

Re: SBR Webcams - 02/11/2018 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Wow, I thought the Villas were open for people to stay there, but I don't see a soul on either webcam!!

When I looked yesterday around 3:30 SXM time I saw a guy at one thatched roof and a woman at another. Like SXMWendell posted maybe transition and these people just arrived.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: SBR Webcams - 02/11/2018 04:19 PM

It's my understanding from comments on Facebook that the people staying there are workers and some employees that lost their homes or are in the midst of making repairs to their home to make them habitable.
Posted By: sunmantwo

Re: SBR Webcams - 02/11/2018 05:16 PM

Can’t wait to get back, May 6th. Air fares are great, $800 RT,NS out of jfk for two.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: SBR Webcams - 02/11/2018 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by sunmantwo
Can’t wait to get back, May 6th. Air fares are great, $800 RT,NS out of jfk for two.

Yes, airfares are almost always great if you live near or can fly out of the NYC airports. Try $1200 per person with a connection for many other people.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline