Rebuilding Bikini Beach - 05/22/2018 12:49 PM

videos shows recent progress cheers dine

https://www.facebook.com/Bikinisxm/videos/1674029696050751/
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Rebuilding Bikini Beach - 05/22/2018 12:51 PM

Off topic, but any status on LaPlaya?
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: Rebuilding Bikini Beach - 05/22/2018 12:53 PM

LaPlaya is rebuilding and progress looks good. Bikini will be the first to open! Almost there!

Re: Rebuilding Bikini Beach - 05/22/2018 01:01 PM

Almost there? Are they giving an estimate as to when they will reopen?

Re: Rebuilding Bikini Beach - 05/22/2018 01:15 PM

Almost there: Bikini Beach

La Playa: December 10th 2018.

http://www.laplayaorientbay.com/en/

Re: Rebuilding Bikini Beach - 05/22/2018 02:38 PM

That is the opening date for the hotel, I believe, not the restaurant?
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Rebuilding Bikini Beach - 05/22/2018 03:35 PM

La Playa, both the restaurant and the hotel, were rebuilding when we were there week before last. We never caught up with Bruno to get reliable information on opening dates, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the restaurant open by mid-November. Bikini is definitely much further along than La Playa.

Re: Rebuilding Bikini Beach - 05/22/2018 03:51 PM

OK, thanks.

Re: Rebuilding Bikini Beach - 05/22/2018 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by GaKaye
La Playa, both the restaurant and the hotel, were rebuilding when we were there week before last. We never caught up with Bruno to get reliable information on opening dates, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the restaurant open by mid-November. Bikini is definitely much further along than La Playa.

Thanks! umbrella thanks
Posted By: caeguy

Re: Rebuilding Bikini Beach - 05/22/2018 09:15 PM

Looks like they're only a few weeks away from opening. Do they have a date?
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Rebuilding Bikini Beach - 05/22/2018 09:25 PM

Just curious as to if you know, is this rebuilding in accordance with French laws and any new building regulations?
Posted By: SammyM

Re: Rebuilding Bikini Beach - 05/22/2018 10:07 PM

Wow! Thanks for posting this. This was another one of my favorite places on Orient Beach, and seeing this video is so uplifting. Re-establishing the primary beach will create space for cruise ship passengers. As those numbers increase, more places like La Playa will open their doors and this will hopefully have a ripple effect. It will also create a degree a separation between the textile beach and the c/o beach so that visitors can choose accordingly. SXM has so many awesome areas, but IMO Orient Beach is the 'heart & soul' of this island and it's comeback is a welcome sight.

Re: Rebuilding Bikini Beach - 05/22/2018 10:36 PM

No, I don't know.

Re: Rebuilding Bikini Beach - 05/22/2018 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by GaKaye
No, I don't know.

Thank you. Could be problems down the road, if you know what I mean.

Re: Rebuilding Bikini Beach - 05/22/2018 10:40 PM

I don't disagree. However, Bruno is a very smart businessman, so I'd be surprised if he's rebuilding and not in compliance with the laws and new building regulations. That said, I spoke to no one about the rebuilding of La Playa or of Bikini; just reporting what I saw week before last.

Re: Rebuilding Bikini Beach - 05/22/2018 10:47 PM

I would think Bruno would be on top of things.
Posted By: dmwieser

Re: Rebuilding Bikini Beach - 05/23/2018 01:07 PM

According to the redev statements, they are following the new building codes and ordinances not surprisingly. If you look at the video, its rather strait forward that they are building the concrete main structure etc. Cant wait to see the final product and can't wait until they get Kontiki rebuilt and up and running as well. Thrilled Orient is starting to come together.
Posted By: RobT

Re: Rebuilding Bikini Beach - 05/23/2018 09:58 PM

Glad to see progress. I only saw empty sand on May 2, my last day at Orient Beach.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline