TravelTalkOnline

Baie Orientale

Posted By: DonnDe

Baie Orientale - 06/25/2018 09:31 PM

After reading all of the recent trip reports and having missed out on last fall’s trip my wife determined it was time for a visit. We are thinking of returning to a previous accommodation (which is available) in Orient Bay given its proximity to the beach, the restaurants in the Village and the few Grand Case restaurants that are open that we thoroughly enjoy. We are aware of the general conditions of the area from previous reports and videos.

We are looking for opinions from people who have recently stayed in Orient. After everything shuts down for the day, did you feel too isolated? If you were going again tomorrow, would you return there or stay somewhere else?

Thank you.
Posted By: Uksimonusa

Re: Baie Orientale - 06/25/2018 09:58 PM

We stayed in a studio above BO Pizza in February and had a great time, did not feel isolated as there were a couple of restaurants open in the village square and a small bar next to BO Pizza, in fact we had such a good time we are returning in July and also November

Re: Baie Orientale - 06/26/2018 11:41 AM

That's encouraging. Thanks.
Posted By: doctorj

Re: Baie Orientale - 06/26/2018 01:16 PM

We stayed in an apartment in Orient Bay. We would go back tomorrow if possible.
carib cheers,
doctorj
Posted By: pandpfromcanada

Re: Baie Orientale - 06/26/2018 01:28 PM

We stayed at O'Paradis for 2 weeks recently. It is at the top end of the village. We enjoyed our stay. All of the restaurants were open in the village square along with a bar. As well 3 restaurants across the road. We did have a car which helped for driving to the beach as well as grocery shopping. Most evenings we walked back and forth to the village from our bungalow. We did take flashlights as it was darker than in the past but never felt unsafe.
Posted By: ZekeB

Re: Baie Orientale - 06/26/2018 01:44 PM

We stayed in a studio on the back side of Palm Court for 10 days in March, right on the main road. It was too quiet in their complex, not many units occupied, but once out on the main road there was always something going on. We miss Good Morning, the grocery and Yellow Sub, but they will return! We tried 3 places in the square and they were excellent as in the past. We walked the full length of Orient every morning, collecting waste and working up an appetite. The new bakery in Hope Estates, right in front of the orange building, had everything we needed for morning pastries or sandwiches to go to the beach. We will be back soon.
Posted By: Speebs

Re: Baie Orientale - 06/27/2018 01:21 PM

I stayed at Le Plantation in June, rented a chair and umbrella for $10.00 at Sun Beach, I am not a big eater, had to go to the Dutch side to eat Pizza. Construction going on everywhere which is a good sign.
Posted By: jaxon60

Re: Baie Orientale - 06/29/2018 02:18 AM

Like Uksimonusa, we stayed in a studio above BO Pizza in the Plaza. we were there in December/January. We never felt isolated and enjoyed the energy that was around us day and night. I can only assume it is even better now. We will be back this coming December/January.
Posted By: rastaman

Re: Baie Orientale - 06/30/2018 11:21 PM

I live in Orient Bay. The village is as vibrant as ever. The only adjustments will be beach bars- restaurants, as there are few choices currently.

Re: Baie Orientale - 07/03/2018 11:53 AM

Thank you all for your responses. Just what we were hoping to hear. We have booked our flights and are now deciding on our accommodations in the village.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline