TravelTalkOnline

Some progress at the airport?

Posted By: Carol_Hill

Some progress at the airport? - 07/05/2018 01:30 PM

Daily Herald editorial

Apparently the airport is in the process of soliciting bids for construction of temporary immigration/departure/arrival etc. lounges at the airport, on the first floor. Initial interest is supposed to be indicated by July 9, which is pretty fast . No telling how long it will take to get something actually constructed there, but it is a start! I read somewhere that the airport said that they might be using at least part of the terminal building by the end of this year, which seems awfully quick to me, but it would be a big shot in the arm, if it happens!
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Some progress at the airport? - 07/05/2018 01:50 PM

Really quick, especially considering the amount of time Diamond Resorts is ALLEGING they are going to need.

Re: Some progress at the airport? - 07/05/2018 02:22 PM

Yeah, I don't know, nothing about that Diamond situation makes any sense.
Posted By: jmbcomms

Re: Some progress at the airport? - 07/05/2018 04:23 PM

I interviewed top airport officials for a story on the future of the airport. The temporary tents are in fact temporary; they plan on moving arrivals and departures into the first floor of the terminal building when it's ready, most likely November, as we reported last month. The second floor needs work and will be finished later. We published a ton of airport info.

Re: Some progress at the airport? - 07/05/2018 04:49 PM

Well, obviously, the tents were ALWAYS intended to be temporary. As far as moving arrivals and departures inside the building by November, that would be GREAT, but I see that as too ambitious a time line, since the contract isn't even bid yet. But I honestly hope I am wrong.
Posted By: panman

Re: Some progress at the airport? - 07/05/2018 07:05 PM

jmbcomms......

What can you tell me about Alegria. Are they "done" and not going to rebuild? Has the property been abandoned? Very curious... Thanks.
Posted By: Julius

Re: Some progress at the airport? - 07/06/2018 10:21 AM

PJIA completes phase 1 of terminal building roof repair

Daily Herald link
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline