TravelTalkOnline

Car jacking

Posted By: dj1094

Car jacking - 08/05/2018 01:04 PM

Last Sunday a car was carjacked at 11pm on the road through the golf course. A woman driving alone was cut off and male approached her with gun and took car. She was not injured. The police responded. I know the woman. The golf course has no lights on. This is just FYI

DJ1094
Posted By: Bluesfan

Re: Car jacking - 08/05/2018 02:08 PM

What happened to the LED street lights? They were on last February.
Posted By: kim

Re: Car jacking - 08/05/2018 02:31 PM

Wow - we came through around ten! Makes me sick that the lights are out again. They were working in MAy as well
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Car jacking - 08/05/2018 03:26 PM

They've been out for about a month. Two times in one day is two times too many. Please, everyone write to https://www.thedailyherald.sx/. Gov't doesn't care, but sometimes they do listen to tourists!
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Car jacking - 08/05/2018 08:38 PM

As a single female traveler, this is a little scary. For my November trip, I'll be going through the golf course a lot to get to my rental in Cupecoy. It isn't going to change my trip plans but is a good heads up to be extra cautious.
Posted By: Steve Bond

Re: Car jacking - 08/05/2018 10:42 PM

This is why we haven’t rented a car for the last 8 years. We’ve seen the changes on the island since we started coming in the 80’s and now use licensed taxis. Until serious jail time is given out to the criminals the situation will not improve. Too many receive a slap on the wrist when caught, if they are caught
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline