TravelTalkOnline

Oyster Pond Dinghy Dock

Posted By: sxmmartini

Oyster Pond Dinghy Dock - 08/28/2018 03:14 PM

Listening to https://island92.com/ streaming radio and heard an ad for Dinghy Dock? The radio ad said two locations Simpson Bay and Oyster Pond?
I don't know if it was a new radio ad or if they pulled up an old Dinghy Dock ad? Does anyone know if Dinghy Dock, Oyster Pond has reopened?
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Oyster Pond Dinghy Dock - 08/28/2018 03:20 PM

No it hasn't
Posted By: jaxon60

Re: Oyster Pond Dinghy Dock - 08/30/2018 03:13 AM

That is definitely an old ad. After hearing it, I messaged Dr. Soc a few weeks ago and he confirmed that only the Simpson Bay DD is currently operating. When we were there last January the people at the Simpson Bay location said they expected it to be more than a year before the OP location reopened, if it ever does.
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: Oyster Pond Dinghy Dock - 08/30/2018 11:13 AM

I am going to miss Dinghy Dock in Oyster Pond. sad
Posted By: Biturbo

Re: Oyster Pond Dinghy Dock - 08/30/2018 02:22 PM

We also always enjoyed Quai Ouest in the same area. I wonder how they fared.
Posted By: PrairieGirl

Re: Oyster Pond Dinghy Dock - 08/30/2018 02:36 PM

Open as of June 21st! They have a FaceBook page - check it out. Lots of photos of the food from their new menu. Same location and Nadia is still wearing her jeans and white shirt, but the plating on the food looks a bit more "elegant". Also a favourite spot of ours, can't wait to go back!
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Oyster Pond Dinghy Dock - 08/30/2018 02:36 PM

They are open. Friends dined there in May and said it was very good. Former DD lovers!
Posted By: gerroa

Re: Oyster Pond Dinghy Dock - 08/30/2018 05:31 PM

We were in Oyster Pond today August 30......there is still wholesale destruction on view.

Dinghy Dock won't be opening any time soon. The whole marina area is a wasteland.

Used to enjoy the Oyster Pond DD.....probably a bit too much at times
Posted By: Coffee

Re: Oyster Pond Dinghy Dock - 08/30/2018 09:05 PM

Any news on the condition of Captain Oliver’s? We will be in SXM the 29th of Sept.
Posted By: Biturbo

Re: Oyster Pond Dinghy Dock - 08/30/2018 09:56 PM

Thanks PrairieGirl. Great little spot. We'll be in Oyster Pond in Dec. Can't wait.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Oyster Pond Dinghy Dock - 08/30/2018 11:50 PM

Last I heard, there are no plans to reopen DD in Oyster pond.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline