TravelTalkOnline

Problem accessing TTOL

Posted By: Tom

Problem accessing TTOL - 09/19/2018 11:54 AM

Maybe it is my system but for the last couple days I have attempted to access TTOL, I have received crazy posted threads that seem to go on forever. If I log out and back in it may happen several more times before I get into normal TTOL. Anyone else have a problem?
Posted By: Uksimonusa

Re: Problem accessing TTOL - 09/19/2018 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Tom
Maybe it is my system but for the last couple days I have attempted to access TTOL, I have received crazy posted threads that seem to go on forever. If I log out and back in it may happen several more times before I get into normal TTOL. Anyone else have a problem?

Have reported these threads the last 2 mornings, the mods are very quick to delete them once informed
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Problem accessing TTOL - 09/19/2018 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Tom

There should not be any problem accessing TTOl, at least not that I am aware of.
There has been a rash of spam posts Monday night and also Tuesday night. There were several pages of nothing but spam this morning but if you scrolled through it, you would have found regular posts. It takes some time to delete multiple spam posts. I did the best I could yesterday morning but I needed some help this morning.

Uksimonusa, I sent you a private message. Click on the flashing envelope.

Thank you.
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Problem accessing TTOL - 09/19/2018 07:15 PM

Is the spammer creating an account?
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Problem accessing TTOL - 09/19/2018 07:18 PM

There are more than one user name spamming.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Problem accessing TTOL - 09/19/2018 07:21 PM

Yes, there have been numerous registrations of spammers.

Re: Problem accessing TTOL - 09/19/2018 07:24 PM

Any common IP addresses or domains?
Posted By: Eric_Hill

Re: Problem accessing TTOL - 09/19/2018 07:31 PM

Most coming from India. Working on it.
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: Problem accessing TTOL - 09/19/2018 08:19 PM

Why would humans be spamming your forum and how can this make money? Most forum spammers aren't trying to get you to buy something, they are attempting to get higher rankings in search engines by creating lots of links from your pages to their own site.
https://blog.vanillaforums.com/product/9-ways-to-eliminate-spam-in-your-community-forum

Re: Problem accessing TTOL - 09/19/2018 08:42 PM

Or infecting you with a virus.

Re: Problem accessing TTOL - 09/19/2018 09:12 PM

Correct. Saw all those numerous postings by about 4 different names any didn't want to open any of them for fear of getting a virus. Say some did. Hope they didn't pick one up.

Re: Problem accessing TTOL - 09/19/2018 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
Correct. Saw all those numerous postings by about 4 different names any didn't want to open any of them for fear of getting a virus. Say some did. Hope they didn't pick one up.

Exactly. I wouldn't clink ANY of those links!

Re: Problem accessing TTOL - 09/20/2018 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by BeachKitten
Originally Posted by SXMScubaman

Exactly. I wouldn't clink ANY of those links!

Good call.
Posted By: Tom

Re: Problem accessing TTOL - 09/20/2018 11:18 AM

I did the same (didn't open) but wondered if it was somehow just my system. I suppose hacking/annoying miseries have company.
I suppose there is no way of avoiding this.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline