TravelTalkOnline

Chesterfields

Posted By: Coffee

Chesterfields - 09/30/2018 03:34 PM

Went there this morning and not open. Not sure if it’s Sunday closing or still closed. Saw no tables on the deck area. Anybody have a clue or two?
Posted By: irish1223

Re: Chesterfields - 09/30/2018 04:48 PM

We ate at Chesterfield's when we were there in June. Maybe closed for September closing?

Re: Chesterfields - 09/30/2018 04:52 PM

Ah! Good point. We will check again and get back to everybody.

Re: Chesterfields - 09/30/2018 08:09 PM

Just heard here at the Divi that they are closed on Sunday. Will try it next week and give an update.
Posted By: EdB

Re: Chesterfields - 10/01/2018 04:44 AM

After being closed for almost a year, they reopened a couple of months ago. I would hate to think that they are gone now. Hoping that they now may be closed for Sundays, or maybe the September closing. Hoping that it is either one or the other...and they will be open again soon.

Re: Chesterfields - 10/01/2018 02:40 PM

We went for breakfast today and they told us they are open but only for lunch and dinner. We will stop for dinner some time this week and will let everyone know how things are.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Chesterfields - 10/01/2018 03:54 PM

Huh, interesting. I would have thought that breakfast would have been one of their biggest sellers. Let us know how it is when you go.

Re: Chesterfields - 10/01/2018 05:24 PM

When we went in June (for dinner), it was one of the better meals we had on the island during that trip. With that being said, however, we did find most of our restaurant meals this time a bit lackluster compared to past years. Perhaps understandable with all the rebuild and regeneration going on. They weren't terrible, mind you, just not up to the usual standard in our opinion.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Chesterfields - 10/01/2018 08:03 PM

I went in June with two others. Two of the three of us had a chicken entree, which was severely overcooked. We mentioned it to management. One of us took up their offer of a different entree; the other just ate everything else but the chicken. It will be a long time before I go back there.
Posted By: EdB

Re: Chesterfields - 10/02/2018 03:50 AM

i am surprised to hear that at Chesterfield's. We have been there a zillion times, sometimes just the two of us...other times with up to 16 people. Whenever anyone have had a problem, they always have made it right without any question. I personally am addicted to their duck dish. Cooked in a banana sauce and served wth a slice of grilled pineapple on top. My favorite duck dish ever!!!! My wife is addicted to their coconut shrimp...and the fresh daily catch. can't wait for March to arrive!!!!!!
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Chesterfields - 10/02/2018 11:20 AM

Have had breakfast and lunch there and neither were memorable. We all have different tastes!
Posted By: pat

Re: Chesterfields - 10/02/2018 12:14 PM

We’ve typically done breakfasts at Chesterfields but dinner many times, too, and have never been disappointed. (I really like their seafood stuffed baked shrimp.....) Maybe it was so enjoyable because of the company we were with?!
Posted By: wildbill069

Re: Chesterfields - 10/02/2018 01:47 PM

Never had a bad meal been going there for the past 30 years sometimes the service is lacking as it is in a lot of places on the island .
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Chesterfields - 10/02/2018 04:29 PM

Many breakfasts there and never disappointed. Tried lunch once and was disappointed. I will stick with breakfast.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Chesterfields - 10/02/2018 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by ruralcarrier
Many breakfasts there and never disappointed. Tried lunch once and was disappointed. I will stick with breakfast.

Same experience.
Posted By: SANFILIP

Re: Chesterfields - 10/02/2018 09:44 PM

We've had many dinners there over the years, cannot recall ever having a bad one. Also the location and view is
a plus.

Re: Chesterfields - 10/03/2018 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by pat
We’ve typically done breakfasts at Chesterfields but dinner many times, too, and have never been disappointed. (I really like their seafood stuffed baked shrimp.....) Maybe it was so enjoyable because of the company we were with?!

My favorite dish there too, Pat!
Posted By: CLIFFTOPS

Re: Chesterfields - 10/03/2018 07:04 PM

Original question on this thread was when Chestfield reopening.
Went by this morning and reopen date is Fri morning Oct 5
Posted By: moxie

Re: Chesterfields - 10/03/2018 10:26 PM

I had Eggs Benedict there once and they were barely warm. Can’t believe that I didn’t send them back. However we have had other excellent meals there.
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Chesterfields - 10/04/2018 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by CLIFFTOPS
Original question on this thread was when Chestfield reopening.
Went by this morning and reopen date is Fri morning Oct 5

Originally Posted by Coffee
We went for breakfast today and they told us they are open but only for lunch and dinner. We will stop for dinner some time this week and will let everyone know how things are.

Can those two statements exist at once? Or do you mean that they begin opening for dinner October 5th?
Posted By: Tom

Re: Chesterfields - 10/05/2018 10:33 AM

Long one of our favorites. They were the first restaurant (many years ago) that listened when we said "no garlic" please.
Seafood caught that day (Lobster and Swordfish are our favorites) as well as very good steaks.
Wonder if another favorite, "Hurricane Shrimp" is still on the menu. Irma may have nixed that.

Re: Chesterfields - 10/05/2018 03:29 PM

Food isn't food without garlic. LOL
Posted By: Tom

Re: Chesterfields - 10/06/2018 12:59 AM

Correction:
Scuba, YOUR food isn't food without garlic.

Re: Chesterfields - 10/06/2018 03:11 PM

Another one for the Chocolate/Vanilla debate.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline