TravelTalkOnline

Grocery store loyalty pricing

Posted By: DandM29212

Grocery store loyalty pricing - 10/28/2018 06:43 PM

As everyone knows, lots of grocery stores offer loyalty pricing programs. In many vacation destinations, it often amounts to a way to offer two-tier pricing - one for locals and another for vacationers. We've realized big savings in Hawaii and the Virgin Islands with these programs. I can't remember those programs being in place in SXM, though. Do they exist there and we're just missing them or do they just not exist there? TIA!
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Grocery store loyalty pricing - 10/28/2018 06:50 PM

Do not exist.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Grocery store loyalty pricing - 10/28/2018 07:09 PM

I thought at one time the grand marche offered something before it was carefore.
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Grocery store loyalty pricing - 10/28/2018 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
I thought at one time the grand marche offered something before it was carefore.

I still have that card. But it never did a dang thing for me!
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Grocery store loyalty pricing - 10/28/2018 07:57 PM

No more at Carrefour. I believe Super U has one. We have a little card we swipe every time but I can't remember what the reward is. Discount? Have to find the paperwork.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Grocery store loyalty pricing - 10/28/2018 08:04 PM

Never heard of it on SXM. Market Garden used to offer 5% off before 8:00am from what I recall. No idea if they still offer this.
Posted By: takeus2sxm

Re: Grocery store loyalty pricing - 10/29/2018 02:12 AM

Elaine, Super U will have discounts on certain items like fruits, usually on Thursday. So if you present your card on that day, you’ll get a percentage off. I don’t think it amounts to much.
Posted By: wendyk

Re: Grocery store loyalty pricing - 10/29/2018 11:21 AM

Used to be that with your Super U card you accrued points and could evntually use them against a grocery bill. I'm not sure if they still do this. The Grand Marche USED to accept the Fun Card, which gave a discount.
Posted By: DandM29212

Re: Grocery store loyalty pricing - 10/29/2018 01:29 PM

Thanks for your responses, all!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline