TravelTalkOnline

St. Martin Beaches

Posted By: arink

St. Martin Beaches - 11/13/2018 05:50 PM

We're planning our third trip to SXM next year, and I would like your feedback on beaches. Our favorite was Dreams at Anse Marcel. We loved the quiet, the upscale food and amazing beach service. We haven't explored many other beaches...it's as if some cosmic force pulled us back there almost every day. When we didn't go there, we stayed at our home base next door to Calmos Cafe in Grand Case, which was also wonderful. Since both are now gone, what other beach on the French side compares?
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: St. Martin Beaches - 11/13/2018 05:54 PM

I would say Orient with Bikini reopening along with the other big 3 getting close. Also Pinel is right up there too.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: St. Martin Beaches - 11/13/2018 06:00 PM

Actually, DREAMS was at Nettle Bay. Dreams is definitely gone for good. The Anse Marcel Beach Club was at Anse Marcel. It is not open as of now, but I don't know if they will reopen or not. By next year, LaPlaya should be open on Orient, as they are supposed to open around December 1. LaPlaya is co-owned by Bruno, who owned Dreams, so the food is pretty similar. Other than LaPlaya, Bikini is open now and both Kakao and Kontiki are supposed to be open by early next year. They are both on Orient. So your best bet might be to go to Orient and check them all out and decide which one suits you best. The only other options that I can think of are Friars Bay Beach Café (on Friars Bay Beach) and Rainbow, on Grand Case Beach. Rainbow has some issues with some people not liking their attitude, but you should check it out for yourself.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: St. Martin Beaches - 11/13/2018 06:02 PM

I always forget Pinel, as I don't want to deal with the ferry..
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: St. Martin Beaches - 11/13/2018 06:14 PM

If you liked Dreams, then the actual beach was not your primary motivator, as Nettle Bay isn't spectacular.
For similar upscale food:

You may like Friar's Bay Beach Cafe.
Or Kokomo at Indigo Bay. http://www.kokomo-sxm.com/wp/

I also agree with a visit to Pinel Island.

Others may blast me here, but I enjoy Rainbow in Grand Case. They just re-opened last Saturday, and food reviews show it to be spectacular again. http://rainbowcafe.fr/
Posted By: DDnBob

Re: St. Martin Beaches - 11/14/2018 01:22 AM

I agree with your last comment. Rainbow is awesome, Valet service, spend the day. Eat inside, or on the beach. Excellent service.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: St. Martin Beaches - 11/14/2018 03:18 AM

Hope they went through an attitude adjustment while on vacation. Was horrible before. Maybe they read all the negatives and corrected.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline