TravelTalkOnline

Presidents Week Airline Prices

Posted By: Doc Bill

Presidents Week Airline Prices - 12/10/2018 03:29 PM

Unfortunate that it would cost my daughter's family ( 2 adults, 3 children) over $5,000 airfare to come Presidents Week. I wish airlines would add extra flights or make fares more reasonable so that more people can come down, enjoy the island, and spend money to get the island on its feet again after Irma. We have visited 3 weeks every year since 1985. I don't remember fares being this high.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Presidents Week Airline Prices - 12/10/2018 03:33 PM

Are they able to take off an extra day or two on either end, to make the fares more reasonable? Even if they have to rent a room for a day or two, it might be cheaper over all.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Presidents Week Airline Prices - 12/10/2018 04:10 PM

"I wish airlines would add extra flights or make fares more reasonable so that more people can come down, enjoy the island, and spend money to get the island on its feet again after Irma"
I don't think it's the airlines responsibility to provide for the economy. As fare as pricing and more flights it all boils down to supply and demand along with how many planes the airport can handle.
Posted By: Bluesfan

Re: Presidents Week Airline Prices - 12/10/2018 05:19 PM

My daughter in law is coming Wed to Thursday. Staying 3 days in cottage at LaVista, then down to LVB. Saved enough on airfare to pay for cottage. 4 people.
Posted By: SXMBND

Re: Presidents Week Airline Prices - 12/10/2018 05:53 PM

My DIL and hubby bought a beautiful T/S on Aruba while on their honeymoon 6 years ago. Fast forward to today three kids later they also can't afford to go during Pres. week. $6K for R/T airfare for all, she's a school principal and not allowed to take days on the front or back end.
Posted By: George1234

Re: Presidents Week Airline Prices - 12/10/2018 07:57 PM

I'm in Canada, when is president'sw week?
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Presidents Week Airline Prices - 12/10/2018 08:13 PM

Presidents day is Monday February 18. School vacation times usually coincide with that week. They typically start vacationing that Saturday before and through that week.
Posted By: Mbrott

Re: Presidents Week Airline Prices - 12/10/2018 09:56 PM

Instead of the usual Saturday to Saturday, we've booked next year on a Wednesday to the following Friday. Airfare for 5 adults in May 19 came down to $3100 total. Thats really cheap for Chicago to SXM.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline