TravelTalkOnline

Beach chair/umbrella weekly rental near Orient Bay

Posted By: OrientBound

Beach chair/umbrella weekly rental near Orient Bay - 12/27/2018 05:24 PM

Hello!

My family is very excited for our stay next week at a condo near the south end of Orient Bay Beach. I understand that some vendors set up beach chairs and umbrellas for daily rental on the beach. However, we are wondering if there is a practical option to rent/buy a couple chairs and an umbrella for the week. This would allow us to visit some other, smaller beaches during our stay and still be prepared, let us move to different areas of the beach, and would also hopefully save some money, especially since it sounds like the daily price from the beach vendors recently increased.

If anyone else has faced a similar situation, we'd appreciate learning from your experience. Thank you!
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Beach chair/umbrella weekly rental near Orient Bay - 12/27/2018 05:27 PM

You can rent through Packlite if you want to carry from beach to beach.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Beach chair/umbrella weekly rental near Orient Bay - 12/27/2018 05:33 PM

Would defiantly recommend Packlite. Craig is fantastic to deal with
Posted By: pat

Re: Beach chair/umbrella weekly rental near Orient Bay - 12/27/2018 05:34 PM

We’ve also rented from Pack-Lite on occasion. While it does mean you have to tote them from beach to beach, this also allows you the flexibility to comfortably visit some of the great beaches that have no services or to stay on the beach later than many of the concessionaires choose to stay. He is extremely dependable and it is also considerably less expensive than renting every day at every beach you visit.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Beach chair/umbrella weekly rental near Orient Bay - 12/27/2018 05:37 PM

If you want to rent by the week for chairs you can take anywhere, Craig at Packlight is definitely the way to go. Just google Packlight SXM. Great service, and a great guy. One caveat is that most of his chairs are 'sand chairs', i.,e,, low to the ground, so if you don't want that kind of chair, make that known when you make the reservation. We almost always rent an umbrella from him (no chairs) when we stay at Beachside Villas and I can state from personal experience that his umbrellas are pretty sturdy. Not as sturdy as the Club O umbrellas, but overall, a really good umbrella.
Posted By: OrientBound

Re: Beach chair/umbrella weekly rental near Orient Bay - 12/27/2018 05:50 PM

Wow, what a quick and unanimous response! We will definitely reach out to Craig at Pack Light. Thanks!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline