TravelTalkOnline

Credit cards accepted?

Posted By: megamania

Credit cards accepted? - 01/07/2019 02:36 PM

Seems to be a controversy on whether sbyc takes credit cards.? Are there a lot of places that used to take cc that now don't. I was thinking of getting some u.s. cash this week and it would be helpful to know an idea of how many places that used to take credit cards, no longer do. any feedback? We have in the past used credit cards when eating out, so we don't want to be short, but on the other hand the u.s. dollar is still at an all time high for us to buy. I watch every day to see if the exchange gets any better
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Credit cards accepted? - 01/07/2019 02:40 PM

Hi. I made this a new thread.

It was our experience in June this year that, if the place accepted credit cards pre-Irma, they do now, and if they didn't before, they don't now. Lots of places are unfortunately gone forever, but those that are open, to me, seemed to have same credit card policy as before.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Credit cards accepted? - 01/07/2019 02:40 PM

No controversy. They do take CC's at Yacht Club. Of course, unless the internet is down! We don't use CC's, but near as I can tell, the ones that used to still do, and the ones that didn't, still don't.
Posted By: megamania

Re: Credit cards accepted? - 01/07/2019 02:52 PM

thanks to both of you, that is somewhat comforting to know. Others that we are travelling with are asking me as well and I like to inform them as close to what they can expect as possible. TTOL'ers have came through again!
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: Credit cards accepted? - 01/07/2019 03:15 PM

Well probably go there again before departure.

Clearly our check had cash only written on it and she said so as she left it. Has a deep voice.

Didnt mention the internet.

Re: Credit cards accepted? - 01/07/2019 03:29 PM

That was sweet, smiling Monique and she was speaking English with a very strong Dutch accent! LOL I'm pretty sure they don't accept TIPS on the CC. Cash only for tips, but you can pay the food/drink tab on CC. Perhaps a misunderstanding??

Re: Credit cards accepted? - 01/07/2019 03:30 PM

And Carol, our perfect timing again!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Credit cards accepted? - 01/07/2019 03:38 PM

Elaine--when the answer is right, it's right! smile
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Credit cards accepted? - 01/07/2019 03:55 PM

WE used CC this last May there. Left tip in cash.
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Credit cards accepted? - 01/07/2019 05:28 PM

November they were taking CC's.

Tipped in cash. wink
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline