TravelTalkOnline

Newspaper search?

Posted By: Tom

Newspaper search? - 01/09/2019 11:13 AM

Spent lots of time trying to find American newspaper like Miami Herald we used to get every day we were here. Failed to find any paper except The Daily Herald (local).
No, not at airport, nor hotels, nor Philipsburg.
Guess that is not to be, yet.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Newspaper search? - 01/09/2019 01:12 PM

Pretty sure the Miami Herald quit having the SXM edition after Irma and has not returned.

Did you intend for this post to go in SXM People Talk or the regular SXM forum?

Re: Newspaper search? - 01/09/2019 05:18 PM

Former but I may have goofed.

Re: Newspaper search? - 01/09/2019 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Tom
Former but I may have goofed.

I can move it, just tell me were you want it to be. Same with the rental car post you made.

Re: Newspaper search? - 01/09/2019 09:19 PM

Please move both to regular forum.
Thank you.

Re: Newspaper search? - 01/10/2019 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by Tom
Please move both to regular forum.
Thank you.

Will do.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Newspaper search? - 01/10/2019 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by ruralcarrier
Pretty sure the Miami Herald quit having the SXM edition after Irma and has not returned.

Well that explains why the SBR towel hut doesn't supply free copies anymore.....thanks. Thought it was a resort decision

Re: Newspaper search? - 01/10/2019 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by boucharda
Originally Posted by ruralcarrier

Well that explains why the SBR towel hut doesn't supply free copies anymore.....thanks. Thought it was a resort decision

Pretty sure it was discontinued after Irma. Hopefully it will come back at some point.

From what I recall, it was printed on the island. Not sure if by The Daily Herald but perhaps as tourists come back the edition will also.

I did find this by doing a quick search:

Newspapers

The Daily Herald is an English language newspaper published on Sint Maarten. The international edition of the Miami Herald is also printed right here on the island. In addition to these newspapers, visitors can pick up one or more of the publications directed toward them. To stay informed of what is happening during YOUR vacation week, pick up a copy of our very own print publication 'ST-MAARTEN.COM Weekend Edition'.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline