TravelTalkOnline

Armed Robbery at Front St. Restaurant

Posted By: ruralcarrier

Armed Robbery at Front St. Restaurant - 02/09/2019 01:22 PM

DAILY HERALD LINK ARMED ROBBERY
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Armed Robbery at Front St. Restaurant - 02/09/2019 04:05 PM

I wonder what restaurant?

There have been times having dinner at "a popular restaurant on the boardwalk" that I got a tingly feeling and wondered how secure we were at 8-9pm. Of course the owner was usually there at the edge along with us, talking. And there was valet parking. But that doesn't mean security.

Sad that this happened.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Armed Robbery at Front St. Restaurant - 02/09/2019 04:09 PM

No idea on the restaurant. Too bad things are not more vibrant and safe in town in the evenings.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Armed Robbery at Front St. Restaurant - 02/09/2019 04:19 PM

It wasn't safe before Irma and now it's just as bad or worse with the poverty and lack of law enforcement.
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: Armed Robbery at Front St. Restaurant - 02/09/2019 07:12 PM

KPSM news release... MSM all copy and pasted police report. 11:30 pm is late for tourists to be on the boardwalk and most restaurants are closed by then. Sounds like a local place or bar?
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Armed Robbery at Front St. Restaurant - 02/09/2019 07:12 PM

I wish I knew also, although the story said it took place at 11:30 PM. To ME, that's too late to be on the Boardwalk
Posted By: sasasal

Re: Armed Robbery at Front St. Restaurant - 02/09/2019 07:44 PM

Not enough police presence anywhere on Island, but nothing new. Sad that tourists have pick the time they wonder around but thats the way it is.... Not good for the Island.but of course my remark is negative... So this is all good.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Armed Robbery at Front St. Restaurant - 02/09/2019 07:59 PM

One night we ate dinner at Passagraahan . When we left it was dark (8:30-9?) . Walking to where car was parked we passed a jewelry store and remarked that we were surprised it was still open since we could see people inside. Next day we heard that jewelry store had been robbed around the time we passed. That was when we started to consider where and when we go places i SXM.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline