TravelTalkOnline

Burger12....Marigot

Posted By: gracie5

Burger12....Marigot - 02/26/2019 06:24 PM

Fabulous burgers! Staying at the Marina Fort Louis & dropped in this place across from the marina the other evening. We were blown away by their burgers. They offer 4 different types of buns. We had brioche. Spoke to the owner & he hand grinds the meat for the patties & forms them by hand. Also the French fries are handmade as well. I guess what the French would call frites. Previous to this my husband proclaimed the kobe burger at Buccaneer BB the best but now Burger12 is the one to beat.
Posted By: pony600

Re: Burger12....Marigot - 02/26/2019 06:40 PM

Will have to try it!
Is it near anything else?

Re: Burger12....Marigot - 02/26/2019 06:48 PM

Two doors down from the West Indies Mall..same side & near the restaurant Plongeoir.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Burger12....Marigot - 02/26/2019 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by pony600
Will have to try it!
Is it near anything else?

pony--I would imagine it is near other places, yes. rofl Sorry, couldn't resist! I think you mean "What is it near, or where is it located, so that I could find it?" smile
Posted By: bran

Re: Burger12....Marigot - 02/26/2019 07:14 PM

Although this should possibly be on another thread but as its in the same area and opposite La Plongeoir(which I have never eaten at... any recs?) there is directly opposite on the water or nearby , I think its called the Yacht Club, a bar/restaurant that possibly about 4 years ago went to have a drink and some food as the setting looked great and may have been an off day but the service was simply appalling. Would like to give it another chance though as it might have changed hands since then. Any comments please?
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Burger12....Marigot - 02/26/2019 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by bran
Although this should possibly be on another thread but as its in the same area and opposite La Plongeoir(which I have never eaten at... any recs?) there is directly opposite on the water or nearby , I think its called the Yacht Club, a bar/restaurant that possibly about 4 years ago went to have a drink and some food as the setting looked great and may have been an off day but the service was simply appalling. Would like to give it another chance though as it might have changed hands since then. Any comments please?

We had that very same experience at the Yacht Club so it possibly wasn't an off day. We too hope to try O'Plongier next trip. Name means swimming pool. Wonder if they have a pool inside?

Re: Burger12....Marigot - 02/27/2019 04:15 PM

Thanks for hijacking the original subject which was Burger12. Yes, you should have started another thread. We ate at Burger12 once again & as described in the previous post it was delicious.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Burger12....Marigot - 02/27/2019 04:23 PM

gracie-stuff happens. Thanks for posting. Glad you enjoyed your burgers.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline