TravelTalkOnline

Roxxy Beach pictures

Posted By: SXMScubaman

Roxxy Beach pictures - 02/26/2019 08:22 PM

Looks like there will be a pier there too to walk out on. Thinking with those rocks there could be some good snorkeling there too depending on how deep those rocks are.
https://www.facebook.com/RoxxyBeach/photos/pcb.289199628439924/289199421773278/?type=3&theater
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Roxxy Beach pictures - 02/26/2019 08:39 PM

It's still Kim Sha beach, the water there is not in good shape.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Roxxy Beach pictures - 02/26/2019 09:34 PM

Scubaman--I assume if they are building a pier, it's so people from boats can land there and go to Roxxy, not so people can just walk out on it. Probably just dinghies and not larger boats though, I guess.

Eliaine--I'm not sure I've EVER been in the water along there. Too many boats out there in the water and there's not much movement in the water there, and too much development right there.
Posted By: pat

Re: Roxxy Beach pictures - 02/26/2019 09:47 PM

That stretch of beach area was never a swimming beach as far back as our association with the island goes. I mean, people did go in the water because it was there, but over 45 years we’ve always been advised NOT to swim there. There were always boats anchored out there and rumors as to where their holding tanks might or might not be emptied, not to mention in later years the run off from all the different building that took place in thst area. My oldest recollections of going to that beach were always only to catch a dinghy ride to whatever boat trip we were taking from that location.

Re: Roxxy Beach pictures - 02/26/2019 09:54 PM

I imagine they will rope off a swim area.

Re: Roxxy Beach pictures - 02/26/2019 09:55 PM

Doesn't appear it's for boats or dinghy the way those rocks are along the dock.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Roxxy Beach pictures - 02/26/2019 10:42 PM

Lots of "fluff" on their facebook page and a rather nasty comment directed at the Nature Foundation,

Personally, I would not swim or enter the water in that area. More towards Mary's Boon or Beach Side Villas is another story.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline