TravelTalkOnline

Volleyball

Posted By: SammyM

Volleyball - 03/12/2019 05:10 PM

One small item I left out of my trip reports was a question that a young lady named Allison had regarding volleyball on Orient Beach. So, having spent two days on Orient I looked around to see what the volleyball situation was and actually there are two new volleyball nets and courts (in the sand) right between Bikini Beach and Kontiki. They looked really nice, but no one was actually playing the times I walked by. But, there are plenty of young people and adults all over this beach so I'm sure that there would be no problem recruiting enough players to have a game. So, Allison if you're still tuned in to these posts this one was for you.

Where I did see a volleyball game being played (three vs. three) was just past Perch Lite on the clothing optional section of Orient Beach. There's a volleyball net here, too and these folks were having a great time playing in the buff. Four men and two women, I believe. So, that's another option as long as you don't mind playing volleyball sans clothing and with extra sunscreen in place! Hope this helps.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Volleyball - 03/12/2019 05:30 PM

Sammy--thanks for the update and additional info. I would just point out though that, just because the game is at the Club O beach, doesn't mean the players have to be nude. It's a clothing OPTIONAL beach...
Posted By: SammyM

Re: Volleyball - 03/12/2019 06:18 PM

Oops! My bad, Carol. You think I would know this by now! On this particular day all six players were without their suits so whatever floats your boat, I suppose.
Posted By: steveandcindylou

Re: Volleyball - 03/14/2019 01:31 AM

Nobody playing volleyball cares what you are wearing, or not wearing. Just watch out for the sand burrs, when the ball goes out of bounds.
Posted By: Allison731

Re: Volleyball - 03/20/2019 10:26 AM

Thanks for the info! I think I’ll stick to the one near Bikini Beach. Volleyball in the buff will likely have painful consequences for me. They did invent sports bras for a reason, lol
Posted By: SXMbeacher

Re: Volleyball - 03/20/2019 02:29 PM

Nobody at Pearch would care if you played clothed, as long as you don't mind some other players not clothed. There is a pick up game there many days around 2:00 with Bill. Have fun either way!!!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline