TravelTalkOnline

Purchasing Items at the Airport when Arriving?

Posted By: obgirl01

Purchasing Items at the Airport when Arriving? - 03/29/2019 05:33 PM

Is there any place in the airport when you first arrive to purchase liquor before you get to your car rental? Also where can we purchase Ma Du Du? Is the little shop still in Ansel Marcel or nearby?
Posted By: coltigh

Re: Purchasing Items at the Airport when Arriving? - 03/29/2019 05:46 PM

Well you used to be able to talk to the Airport Security Chief but that option just got blown.
Posted By: coltigh

Re: Purchasing Items at the Airport when Arriving? - 03/29/2019 05:48 PM

But seriously, are you looking for a quick drink when you get there or to stock up on bottles? If it's the latter, I'd suggest you go down Welfare road or Airport road because everything in the airport itself is pricey.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Purchasing Items at the Airport when Arriving? - 03/29/2019 05:58 PM

I honestly don't think there is anyplace in the airport right now to purchase liquor outside security but NO reason to do so upon arriving. Anywhere on island is going to be cheaper. MaDouDou is also available at many grocery stores. If you're looking for a first night bottle or something, just go to the grocery store or wherever, and then go to the 'factory' later on.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Purchasing Items at the Airport when Arriving? - 03/29/2019 06:00 PM

Ma Do Do still has their shop in Cul d sac. But you can buy it at most of the grocery, jewelry and liquor stores. As far as out side the airport on airport grounds No.
Posted By: EdB

Re: Purchasing Items at the Airport when Arriving? - 03/29/2019 06:10 PM

Nothing in the airport. Couple of food trucks on the outside.
Posted By: obgirl01

Re: Purchasing Items at the Airport when Arriving? - 03/29/2019 07:11 PM

Okay...Thanks....I forgot that it definitely would be pricey at the airport....but I do want to pick u Ma Du Du. Thanks for all of your suggestions!!! 57 more days!!! banana
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Purchasing Items at the Airport when Arriving? - 03/29/2019 07:16 PM

Check some of the smaller grocery stores or jewelry stores in town for better prices. I found Disaronno to be as much as $8/bottle difference in price between stores. Some of the higher prices were the larger grocery stores.

Nothing currently at the airport upon arrival.
Posted By: Leagle49

Re: Purchasing Items at the Airport when Arriving? - 03/30/2019 11:21 AM

There actually is a small store in the airport after you exit customs It'll be on the far wall to your left as you exit. Very limited selection, but it is there.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Purchasing Items at the Airport when Arriving? - 03/30/2019 11:33 AM

Thanks. I guess I missed it.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline